Author Topic: A New Plan - (Ongoing site updates/status thread)  (Read 26899 times)

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
Re: A New Plan
« Reply #30 on: February 09, 2011, 01:58:11 PM »
Looking at the Wiki, I notice the Lost Ride Concepts and the Lost Attractions link to each other instead of to themselves.

I tried my hand at adding some things at the bottom of the Lost (Former) Attractions page, but had some trouble with formatting the fonts.  The items did not show up on the page, so I'm not sure how it would look.  Maybe that's because all the features are not yet working.
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #31 on: February 09, 2011, 02:21:19 PM »
^^Thanks for the catch sanddunerider, that was just from a little remaining glitch in the news system.

^History Buff, all changes to content have to be reviewed before they are actually pushed live on the site. Your changes are now live with a few tweaks by me to help  with formatting. I'm still doing a quit a bit of work to make both the wiki system and formatting easier and more streamlined. I'll put up a little tutorial/help section soon that will make everything more clear as well. Thanks for the contributions!

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #32 on: February 09, 2011, 05:06:58 PM »
Nice.  Thank you.  I was just looking at the wiki and those things came to mind.  I figured someone could add to that outline and write something for the WB.  I realize I may be a little premature for edits.
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 09, 2011, 05:54:33 PM »
looks good....

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #34 on: February 22, 2011, 11:38:35 PM »
For those still following - this last week has been insane, so I haven't gotten much done in awhile. This weekend I plan to make another push though, hopefully getting the photo galleries fixed up and getting more content re-worked. I don't know if I'll get all the old user features turned back on yet or not, but I'll at least try to get the wiki system working better so we can start adding pages for other HFEC attractions.

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #35 on: March 16, 2011, 11:24:11 PM »
Status Update -

The last few weeks have been crazy again, as usual. I had hoped to get a ton of stuff done on the site this week, but life managed to tear that possibility away. Now I just have tomorrow to cram in anything that I want to get done on the site  :P I'm going to post a run down of what I want to accomplish tomorrow so I have a little motivation to actually get some of it done:

I hope to take a flying leap at it and finally finish revamping our photo galleries and photo sharing feature, which is part of the way done already, once this is done I can turn the main site profile section back on as well and you guys will be able to add trip reports and youtube videos to the main site again as well.

The next big thing is to figure out the double log-in issue with the forums.

Finally, if I have any time left, I hope to work on some designs for our new online store.

If I can get that much done, I'll be pretty happy for now. There are several other things I want to do as well, including content revisions, adding a point system for content edits and news submissions so that I can someday potentially award top contributors with things like free t-shirts, and revamping the news submission feature so people feel more free to submit news - even if it's just a link to a story.
Unfortunately, I probably won't have time to do major work on the site until the summer, as my classes are really getting the best of me at this point... but we'll see.

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
Re: A New Plan - (Ongoing site updates/status thread)
« Reply #36 on: April 03, 2011, 11:38:49 PM »
Thanks for continuing to use the wiki system guys, I've just approved another round of your edits that stacked up over the couple of weeks.

Since the last status update my life has taken a turn for crazy and I feel like I've been running around putting out the fires in my life for the last couple of weeks. As usual, that means I didn't get much of anything done that I wanted to.

Now that things have settled down though, I'm going to start doing something a little different so that we can finally make some headway with this site: I'm going to devote at least 20mins to an hour a day to working on the site over the next few weeks. Whether it's fixing/adding features or just editing content, I'll try to get at least a little something done each day. At this point it's getting a little pathetic ::)

Feel free to keep making edits to the wiki, every bit helps. I'll get the HFEC portion up soon.

DollarCityBoy

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan since 1987
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 04, 2011, 03:03:25 PM »
^ Thanks for all your hard work; this website is always the highlight of my day.
You have a great past just ahead of you.

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #38 on: April 07, 2011, 02:10:20 PM »
All of the SDC coaster pages have been updated now (http://sdcfans.com/page/11)
Man, that was some pretty sad writing in there - it's been 4 years now since I wrote these pages originally and I was in high school at the time  :P It's still not perfect, but much better than before.

I hope to have the main site user-features back online this weekend.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2011, 02:11:31 PM by shavethewhales »

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #39 on: May 18, 2011, 02:18:10 PM »
I had to put on the breaks again for the past few weeks, but I'm now at a point again where I can work on the site everyday.

I'm working as hard as I can to get the old user features back up and running again. The new version of the photo sharing feature is a pretty complex piece of work, but it's going to be really smooth and easy to use when all done. I really want to have at least that done by this weekend, but I know if I set a deadline I'll jinx myself yet again  ::)

When those are finally done, I'll go back to sorting out the Wiki pages and getting areas set up for Dollywood, White Water, DSC, WA, etc.

DianaGail

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 18, 2011, 02:47:31 PM »
You are awesome Shave!  Thank you for all of your hard work!

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 18, 2011, 04:51:07 PM »
everythings looking good! thanks! :)

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #42 on: May 21, 2011, 05:27:05 PM »
I've spent hours today wrangling with part of the upload script, so I probably won't get that done this weekend, but it will be done soon. Once I can get this part finished, I can move on to a whole lot of other things...

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #43 on: May 25, 2011, 10:19:09 PM »
If anyone wants to help out a bit, I'll probably need some help testing the new version of the galleries feature tomorrow. I finally have everything working now, it just needs a few cosmetic touches and it should be good to go. I just want a few different people to try it out in case there are any bugs that I'm missing or if it needs to be made easier to use in any way.

I'll be posting more information tomorrow evening.

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 25, 2011, 10:47:24 PM »
Bring it!