Author Topic: Next Summer  (Read 2407 times)

maddilives4him

• Hatfield
  • Perserving the past!
    • View Profile
Next Summer
« on: June 29, 2010, 04:12:31 PM »
I plan on going to Dollywood next year. Anyone have ride suggestions or just things you like to do? thanks! ;D
"Do not let anyone look down on you because you are young, but be an example to others in your speech, love, life, faithfulness, and purity."
                           - 1 Timothy 4:12

StaceySue

• Cave Guide
  • Avid Lurker
    • View Profile
Re: Next Summer
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2010, 09:10:15 AM »
I hope you have a great trip!  We had a great time when we went.  We also enjoyed the Smokies and Gatlinburg, so I hope you have time to experience all that the area has to offer.

I suggest doing Dollywood as you would any theme park--get there at rope drop and get in as many rides as you can.  Then, use the rest of the day for shops and shows.  Also, take in Dolly's museum, something nice to do in the hot afternoon since it's nice and cool.

We rode nearly everything.  The biggest exception would be the Timber Tower, or whatever it's called.  We did Mystery Mine first thing each day, but we visited the year is was opened.  

See the eagle show; it's good.  And the main show that year was really good, too.  You'll find many attractions, crafts, and food are similar to SDC.  It was a new place for us to explore, yet very familiar, which we enjoyed.

One more tip, and I'll quit rambling on.  (We loved this trip, so I can rattle on about it all day whether people want to hear about it or not  ;) )  Depending on how many people are in your party, park you car at Patriot Park and ride the trolley to Dollywood.  Parking (for everyone unless you had the Gold Pass) was $7 a car.  The trolley fare is 50 cents per person each way.  The trolley will pick up and drop off at the entrance--no need to ride another tram to the entrance.  In fact, we used the trolley to all MAJOR attractions in Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg (Splash Country, Ripley's Aquarium).  Just save up your change before the trip and you won't even notice the fare as an expense!  Plus, you will have fewer hassles with parking and paying for parking.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2010, 09:11:10 AM by StaceySue »