Author Topic: Taking photo & video requests  (Read 5345 times)

Joy

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
Taking photo & video requests
« on: October 09, 2007, 11:08:25 PM »
I've come into a little bit of money, enough to get myself a nice digital camera, a ten-pack of one-hour camcorder tapes, and a high-capacity (3-6 hour on one charge) battery for my camcorder, as well as funding my third of a trip to Branson with my friends in December.

So, I'm going to be going to SDC for Christmas loaded with plenty of room for high quality video and photos.

Therefore, I thought I'd ask ya'll if you had anything specific you might want me to take photo and/or video of.

I will definitely be staking out for an hour to catch all six of the songs in the Light Show rotation on video.

Beyond that, are there any suggestions? I want to make a checklist to take with me 'cause I fear I'd miss something that I wanted to get if I tried to just go by memory of what I wanted to capture.

~ "Becky" Joy ~

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
Re: Taking photo & video requests
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2007, 04:00:45 PM »
Wow, lucky you.

I dunno, I could always use some pictures of any restaurants you come across, as I don't have any of those yet. I'm still trying to put photos in with all the reviews.

Joy

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2007, 05:20:29 PM »
Ah, yes, I'll definitely be sure to take pics of the restaurants, and also try to get pics of the menus, too, so that people can get an idea of the kind of prices to plan for when taking a trip to SDC.

Thanks for reminding me. This is exactly why I started this thread. *big grin*

~ "Becky" Joy ~

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
  • Resident Twenty-Something Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2007, 06:32:15 PM »
Mine Restaurant is an awesome place to get some photos. Just a tip. Thanks for everything in advance Joy.
"May there always be a Silver Dollar City..."

Joy

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2007, 09:38:02 PM »
Yeah, I've tried to get pics of the Mine Restaurant before, but I was using the digital-still feature on my camcorder, and the low-light made for very unusable pics. That's why I'm so excited to finally be getting a digital camera, 'cause I just can't keep taking pics with my camcorder anymore.

~ "Becky" Joy ~

Eagle Rider

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2007, 07:17:25 PM »
If you can, stop by the side of the road leading into the parking lot and snap a few shots of Thunderration.  I noticed in March, while driving, that the drop after the lift seemed pretty visible.  With no leaves in the way, this could offer a rare view of the ride.

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2007, 08:04:08 PM »
^The problem with that is that you'd have to walk down the road, or park on the service road, there's no place to just pull to the side of the road. Still, it's true that this is a prime time to get shots of Thunderation.

Oh yeah, any shots of the parking lot construction would be good too.

Joy

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2007, 11:26:06 PM »
Well, if I get lucky, we'll hit the ingoing traffic, as we're going to be leaving early Saturday morning and going straight to the park, so it'll be opening just around the time we arrive in Branson. So, we'll probably hit the traffic, and therefore will be at a crawl when we come up to the area where Thunderation is. I'll definitely make sure I sit on the right side of the car so I can click a pic.

~ "Becky" Joy ~