Author Topic: Top ways you know you have been at SDC too much  (Read 26593 times)

Ozark Outlaw

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I am on Facebook. :)
Re: Top ways you know you have been at SDC too much
« Reply #90 on: January 04, 2011, 10:28:47 AM »
Now there is an idea! Silver Dollar City should have a night when they shut off all of their lights, and allow guest to find their way around with nothing but prior knowledge. :)

It would be a blast with the exception of the liabilities. None the less, I rarely use my Pathfinder Map for navigation. I mostly use it at home to relive my days at Silver Dollar City. ;D

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: January 04, 2011, 04:57:07 PM »
I remember the days in the late 70s and early 80s when the only night lighting on the park was a few street lamps and some flood lights hidden in the trees. It was very dark on park. There were big sections of street that were not lit at all, and you had to hope nobody left big objects laying in the pathways as you stumbled along to the next area that was at least dimly lit.
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

Ozark Outlaw

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I am on Facebook. :)
« Reply #92 on: January 05, 2011, 12:41:44 AM »
That's interesting Junior. I would love to see the park lit up with only traditional candles, and lanterns, and oil lamp burners! It would be a great way to extend the park hours during The Harvest Festival.

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: January 05, 2011, 09:56:39 AM »
Of course, when I was on park, the hours usually did not extend until dark, so the lighting was only so employees could slowly find their way around park. Most employees were not on park that late. I do remember coming out of a "Young Life" Christian meeting on park around 1980 that went a bit long, and we were all stumbling around in the dark trying not to fall on the pathways to get to the parking lots.
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: January 05, 2011, 03:11:14 PM »
ozark i like the idea of low lighting during fall festival... that would be a great way to finish the day..