Author Topic: Back to Back  (Read 3113 times)

saloongal

• Jr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Back to Back
« on: June 14, 2010, 11:36:44 AM »
This weekend is the first of back to back trips we are making to the city.  This weekend we are leaving around 5am on Saturday and will head home sometime on Sunday. 
Next weekend we are leaving after work on Friday and will come home Saturday evening.

The 26th we are having breakfast with Dora and Diego.  My daughter is already about to bust about that!

We have never made the trip two weekends in a row and I am starting to think that we maust be crazy!

Anyone else headed down in the next couple weeks? 
"Children, like fruit, are often sweetest just before they turn bad"

Duelist

• Post Master
    • View Profile
Re: Back to Back
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2010, 04:50:49 PM »
We'll be there the 25th - 27th.
I'm Your Huckleberry

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2010, 05:16:33 PM »

I guess I am spoiled, I live in north Ar so I go sometimes for 2-3 hours, its  a short trip and convenient.
Sounds like some of you really travel to get to SDC.

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2010, 05:19:53 PM »
If I take a day trip, which I am known to do now and then, I have to spend at least 6-8 hours in the park to make the 8hr (round trip) drive worthwhile. I have gone for about 4-5 and then came back.....it just makes for a long day. I don't mind the drive there because it is full of excitement and anticipation, but the drive back is plain boring! Enjoy the next few weekends Saloongal I am jealous!

PastorDon

• Jr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2010, 07:12:40 PM »
WOW!  Only one week to go!  We leave SD on Saturday and will spend our first day at SDC on Monday the 21st.  We're getting season passes so we'll be there on and off the the next week.  Maybe we'll see you on Saturday, Saloongal, but I doubt we'll be going to Dora's breakfast as our youngest is 17!   ;D
In His grip!

saloongal

• Jr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2010, 07:49:04 AM »
Same for us Rube, with two little kids it takes almost 7 hours of driving to go down and back and we have done it in one day several times.
Now we have decided that the price of Deer Run is worth the convenience. 

PastorDon-If you see a frazzled mom and gma toting two little blue eyed kids singing "backpack, backpack" and chanting "Swiper no swiping" you've seen us!

I just realized that I have not been to SDC without a stroller in six years!  Although if the alternative is carrying a tired kid up Hill Street...I'll take the stroller!
"Children, like fruit, are often sweetest just before they turn bad"

Twinsmom98

• McCoy
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2010, 11:31:45 AM »
I am so envious of all of you... it is a 6 hour drive one way for me so a day trip is out of the question.  So we have to stay at least 2 nights to make the trip.  I leave home at 8 am and pull in the hotel parking lot at 3 pm so that day is almost gone. 

I might try for the 4th of July.... loved the fireworks across Table Rock Lake from the Chateau on the Lake.

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2010, 11:40:10 AM »
We're trying for a day trip on Thursday.
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating