Author Topic: Ozarks Castle attraction  (Read 3018 times)

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
Ozarks Castle attraction
« on: June 03, 2010, 06:27:29 PM »
Has anybody got an update on how the Ozarks Castle attraction is doing in it's first year? I understand much progress has been made at the site. Photos, please!
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

Zephon

• Conductor
  • RedBirdFever
    • View Profile
Re: Ozarks Castle attraction
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2010, 10:55:01 PM »
Are you talking about the volunteer project that is owned by a Frenchman and located close to Lead Hill, Arkansas?  I talked to someone who had been there recently and they said it was very interesting, and coming along nicely.  You can google it for pictures, I did back in the winter. 
"Why do they call them Wild Women?"

Junior

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2010, 08:16:02 AM »
Yup, that's it. Thanks!
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2010, 11:21:14 AM »
I hope to get out there this summer. I have looked into volunteering just to use the small experience as a teaching aid for my middle ages unit. The place isn't going to be nearing completion until 2030, but I figured if I have time to get down there, why not? To cover the cost of the insurance policy, and the processing it is a $20 cost. This isOzark Medieval Fortress.The entrance cost is $12.00 to tour, so I figure for me, why not volunteer. Go here if you are also interested.

http://www.ozarkmedievalfortress.com/en-us/volunteers/we-are-looking-for-volunteers-interns-and-mentors

saladdays

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2010, 02:10:08 PM »
Wow, that looks pretty cool.  Something I might like to help out with someday.  How long will it take to build the castle, I wonder?

Junior

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2010, 04:35:45 PM »
Is it true that in the off season they will bring in a full construction crew, use steel girders, "modern" techniques, and have it done in about three months?  ;) (The proceeding was a JOKE. J-O-K-E!)