Author Topic: Schlitterbahn Vacation Village Groundbreaking  (Read 3919 times)

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
  • Resident Twenty-Something Veteran
    • View Profile
Schlitterbahn Vacation Village Groundbreaking
« on: September 19, 2007, 10:27:42 PM »
Clicky

I don't know about any of you but I am excited for this. I think if will tremendously hurt Oceans of Fun and I think it will have a slight impact on White Water. Which who knows, maybe that is why they purchased the outlet mall?? But this place looks awesome. It'd be awesome if in 2009 this park opens AND we get a SDC woodie! Man that's exciting!!
"May there always be a Silver Dollar City..."

Joy

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
Re: Schlitterbahn Vacation Village Groundbreaking
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2007, 11:00:45 PM »
Oh, it is SOOO going to hurt OOF. I mean, a 300-acre water *resort*? One that when finished can offer year-round attractions? A lazy river system that gets rid of 99% of standing in line? Transportation from your cool treehouse room straight to the attractions via waterway?

Oh, yeah, OOF is in SO much trouble. :)

~ "Becky" Joy ~

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2007, 11:11:57 PM »
Meh, OOF can always go the low route and slash prices to get at the cheaper crowd.

Joy

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2007, 12:41:07 AM »
The only way they'd get my money is if OOF is included in the price of WoF, without upping WoF's charge.

I went to Adventure Oasis, a tiny little place, here in Independence on Labor Day weekend and it was $6 and I have a perfect time. If I had the choice between AO and OOF, I'd take AO, small as it is, because for $6, I got a pretty darn good deal.

Schlitterbahn, on the other hand... The way it looks like it's going to be, I wouldn't mind spending the same as going to a theme park to go there. Shoot, I'd plan a whole weekend and stay in the Treehaus.

Basically, on an individual level, OOF has already lost me without me ever having even been there.

~ "Becky" Joy ~

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
  • Resident Twenty-Something Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2007, 09:24:58 PM »
I went to OOF when I was little but since then as close as I've gotten to OOF is Monsoon at WOF. I think Schlitterbahn will be awesome!
"May there always be a Silver Dollar City..."