Author Topic: I think that SDC needs a larger indoor theater.  (Read 2626 times)

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
I think that SDC needs a larger indoor theater.
« on: May 26, 2010, 11:10:23 AM »
The premium shows are filled and the lines wrapping through the powder Keg area are crazy.
Thoughts?

Firstvisit1967

• McCoy
    • View Profile
Re: I think that SDC needs a larger indoor theater.
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2010, 11:31:27 AM »
That keeps people coming back. 

marolinesdad

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2010, 12:29:48 PM »
If you have bigger theaters that you have too many people in a show at a time and not out on Park spending money. 
“May there always be a Silver Dollar City.” – Paul Harvey

pintrader

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2010, 12:51:51 PM »
It would help a lot if they would just open the doors to the shows a little sooner. At least around Powder Keg it would help the congestion part.

Joy

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2010, 02:12:19 PM »
It'd also help the congestion if they'd connect PK and Wildfire around back...

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2010, 02:27:56 PM »
Actually it would help if they used the doors on the OTHER side of the building (Opera House) as the entrance doors and the current doors they use to enter as emergency doors it would work a lot better.  There is a lot of room there backstage behind the fence that they use for the parade route that could instead be used as queue area.  They could build a permenant queue area that is shade covered and that would free up that entire park area over by PowderKeg and would eliminate the line spilling out into the midway.  They just need to build the queue area big enough to accomodate a large number of people.  This would also eliminate those who "cheat" by cutting line by "going to the restroom" instead of waiting in line.  That issue would not exist anymore because the line would be on the other side of the building.

At the same time.  The Opera House needs to move its current queue area to the North side of the building where the cemetary is currently.  They could then have the crowds still enter through the same door, BUT instead of coming back out that door, have them exit out the SOUTH door and into the midway near the railroad crossing.  Remove ALL of the old queue area there to the West side of the Saloon can be removed.  The food stand there to the West of the building that sells Strawberries and Cream during the summer also needs to be moved and can be moved over by the Lumber Camp entrance and out of the middle of the walkway.  This alone will help open up that bottle neck area that always gets congested when the shows let out at the same time.
SWOOSH