Author Topic: What led to the closing of wilderness/waterworks waterboggan and splash harbor??  (Read 20241 times)

dwfan

• McCoy
    • View Profile
I am a Dollywood fan and a newbie to the site. I thought it would be interesting to finally get to talk about DW, DSC, SDC, & WW. I had to ask why did SDC choose to remove the waterboggan, at DW it's extremely popular.

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
Read this thread from the beginning and you will get a better idea of why it was closed. Good to have you here. Plus, if you plug into our other threads and see that some of us have posted Flickr and Facebook addresses...if you check them out you will see some great photos of the various Herschend parks...I know I have several shots of the old days at SDC, Tennessee, (Dollywoood now) that you will enjoy.
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

dwfan

• McCoy
    • View Profile
I guess I understand, but Blazing Fury, Fire-in-the-hole are two classics that should NEVER be removed.

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
am a Dollywood fan and a newbie to the site. I thought it would be interesting to finally get to talk about DW, DSC, SDC, & WW
I have been to SDC probably 80 times maybe 100 but just got to go to DollyWood for the first time a cpl weeks ago.
Its an interesting comparison.  I love the setting Dollywood is in, the stream running through is really a great natural attribute.
SDC has age on it and I think a little more seasoning to it.  SDC seemed to have more shops or more IN the shops.
I think Dollywood has a little more money behind it, sad to say but I believe its true.
The rides are a different caliber, a little higher dollar.
BUT
The parking in SDC is better more organised, better marked and its free.