Author Topic: Future of White Water  (Read 30016 times)

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
Re: Future of White Water
« Reply #30 on: April 05, 2008, 10:08:28 AM »
Last time I checked, they feel that the attendance this year at SDC will remain flat, WW will depend on the weather (but they think it might be up due to how hot this summer is supposed to be). They are predicting CC's to be up due to the addition of Roaring Falls.

I do not have any updates on the entrance to WW, but I was told it was done.  I'll try to get an update from there and "around the horn" when I am in town the weekend of the 18th-20th.

That's all I got right now
SWOOSH

Johnny Boy

• Ozark Hillbilly
  • ...What?
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 06, 2008, 12:50:24 AM »
Any new updates on what WW's new entrance is shaping up to be?
you can't see anything from the main road, and the back way all you see is trees and the bermuta tryangle if you look REALLY hard!

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 20, 2008, 12:42:35 AM »
Actually you can see a lot -- I'll post an update Sunday
SWOOSH

mike_kelly87

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 19, 2010, 01:50:50 AM »
I know this is WAY pas the last post on this... But was in Branson last weekend and noticed the Red Roof Mall is now a Simon property.

underdog

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 18, 2012, 04:21:04 PM »
I know this is WAY pas the last post on this... But was in Branson last weekend and noticed the Red Roof Mall is now a Simon property.

I know this is waayy late but I noticed the Red Roof Mall is now a Branson City Property. lol

Coasterbill42

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 27, 2012, 08:19:04 PM »
What they need to do is bring the White Water franchise up 35 miles to Springfield. I know that would hurt White Water a ton because I know a bunch of Springfield residents that are season ticket holders, BUT for the size the Springfield Metro is to not have a water park is just astounding. Even if it wasn't much, it would be wildly popular. There isn't jack squat to do in Springfield for kids.

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 27, 2012, 09:18:23 PM »
What they need to do is bring the White Water franchise up 35 miles to Springfield. I know that would hurt White Water a ton because I know a bunch of Springfield residents that are season ticket holders, BUT for the size the Springfield Metro is to not have a water park is just astounding. Even if it wasn't much, it would be wildly popular. There isn't jack squat to do in Springfield for kids.

Was thinking the same for NWA. I can think of a half dozen sites that would do the trick

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 27, 2012, 09:41:50 PM »
Around 2004 the powers that be in NW Arkansas considered putting in a waterpark at the Lowell exit on I-540. JB Hunt was selling a large parcel of land on the southwest side of the overpass. The idea died because at the time there was insufficient water lines to run water to the park from Beaver Lake, and the cost of putting them in was apparently not worth it. I wish they would have built it...I would have applied for a job. Springdale and Rogers both have aquatic parks, which I understand are pretty good...but a real waterpark like Whitewater would be great!  8)
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

chittlins

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 28, 2012, 02:55:52 AM »
Around 2004 the powers that be in NW Arkansas considered putting in a waterpark at the Lowell exit on I-540. JB Hunt was selling a large parcel of land on the southwest side of the overpass. The idea died because at the time there was insufficient water lines to run water to the park from Beaver Lake, and the cost of putting them in was apparently not worth it. I wish they would have built it...I would have applied for a job. Springdale and Rogers both have aquatic parks, which I understand are pretty good...but a real waterpark like Whitewater would be great!  8)

The first place for a waterpark proposal in NWA was for the parcel of land that is sfill for sale today at the US 62 exit in Fayetteville.  At the time is was deemed that the population base still wasn't there.

The parcel of land you are talking about was supposed to get the Walmart that is now at the Pleasant Grove exit. That was actually a Gary Combs project. He was then married to Carla Tyson. Yes, the sewer issues didn't actually get resolved until just a couple of years ago under my fraternity brother' time in the planning office in Lowell. He's moved on to Hutchinson KS. Anyway, the walmart deal fell through cause Gary couldn' stop running his mouth leaking the info. The sewer would have been taken care of af that time. That par el is somewhat elevated and not visable from 540 for the most part. Thag issue also cosf that parcel also cost Lowell  a new  a large scale car dealership.

Anywho. I would design it small but mighty at first buf with room to grow. Two of the beat places are alomg the interstate at Pleasant Grove whare the new Mega Hanks is at. Or along 540 in Springdale in fhe Arvest Ballpark area. Sprimgdale plans an interchans that will carry Don Tyson Parkway over 540 to the Ballpark area. Remember that very small golf course once there?  Another site is a complete ripoff of the Cowabunga Bay concept in Draper Utah at the parcel of land once used by the AMP at Northwest Arkansas Mall. It would utilize the existing parking lot for the most part and offer great views to the south of Fayetteville and stand above being highly visable in a heavy retail area. Just a little too far south to be perfect plus I know Fayetteville's plannimg would be the most difficult to deal with.

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 06, 2012, 08:52:41 AM »
Anything new or different planned for Whitewater for 2013? Maybe it is too early and the powers that be have not released public info on anything yet. Chime in!
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #40 on: September 06, 2012, 02:36:16 PM »
I'm not expecting anything. They never add anything large to WW when SDC is getting something big and vice-versa. We've been expecting a new slide addition/replacement for years now, but it seems they're still taking it somewhat slow and focusing more on enhancing what already exists and promoting new events like night water.

Maybe they'll be due for something in 2014 though... I'd say at the very least it will be time to redo another piece of the park.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 06, 2012, 07:03:05 PM »
I say just close the place, start over and build new out by SDC.  While they're at it, move the SBB landing out to Indian Point and just have all of the SDC-HFEC Branson properties in one spot (other than Ducks if they still own that)
SWOOSH

chittlins

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 06, 2012, 11:09:34 PM »
I say just close the place, start over and build new out by SDC.  While they're at it, move the SBB landing out to Indian Point and just have all of the SDC-HFEC Branson properties in one spot (other than Ducks if they still own that)

Not against that one bit.

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #43 on: September 11, 2012, 03:06:12 PM »
I don't know if we've mentioned it on these boards yet, but DW's Splash Country is getting a proslide water coaster for 2013. If it turns out to be a success, which it will be, I wouldn't be surprised to see them show up at WW and WA's waterpark.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 11, 2012, 03:17:45 PM »
I don't know if we've mentioned it on these boards yet, but DW's Splash Country is getting a proslide water coaster for 2013. If it turns out to be a success, which it will be, I wouldn't be surprised to see them show up at WW and WA's waterpark.

Shave hadn't heard about that yet....