Author Topic: Future of White Water  (Read 30022 times)

runner1960

• Conductor
    • View Profile
Re: Future of White Water
« Reply #45 on: September 13, 2012, 12:22:41 PM »
I agree with some of the above statements about closing and starting over. The one exception is I think they could really use the old CC site and do A combo water park/Aquarium type project. The summer could be a dual ticket type that allows access to both areas then during the winter a reduced aquarium only admission policy could be in effect. Maybe the water screen and nighttime show area of the old CC could also be incorporated as a movie under the stars during the summer or a nighttime show like it was before. It sure seems like this would be a better use of assets and return on investment than building on new ground away from everything else in Branson. But then again, maybe the Aquarium phase has already passed Branson by and it is to late.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #46 on: September 13, 2012, 04:08:10 PM »
No.  Everything needs to be out at Silver Dollar City and they need to make it more into a resort area - as in EVERYTHING needs to be there.  Make it a mini-Walt Disney World.  Make it be the REASON that people are coming to Branson and make Branson the secondary reason.  More on resort spending. 
SWOOSH

runner1960

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 13, 2012, 09:55:29 PM »
Swoosh, Not that I totally disagree with you about the resort aspect. But , would the infrastructure support  what you propose. Could Hwy 76 handle the additional traffic to transport that many additional guest west daily. I think it would take a commitment  from the state to complete the High Road project before anything of that caliper could be done, and I do not see MODOT having the funds anytime in the near future. Also, are you talking about resort hotels also ? That would be a neat idea although I think it would take a yearlong season to make that feasible. I like your idea, but still like mine to. It is fun to toss around ideas though.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #48 on: September 14, 2012, 06:47:15 AM »
Considering that the High Road already connects the major highway south from Springfield to 76 and SDC, I don't see a problem.  Remember they are going FOR Silver Dollar City NOT Branson now - there is no need to connect High Road to Branson with this thinking.

The new waterpark would be located where the grass parking lot near Deer Run is currently and then go East.  There would be at least one resort hotel and it would be on the hill across from TNT/GE on the other side of the road.  You could then have either an elevated walkway or some type of transportation system (trolley?) that went over the road to the park's entrance.

It really isn't that far out of thinking.
SWOOSH

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 14, 2012, 09:54:46 AM »
As long as we are planning a grand resort, what about leveling the land where the main parking lot is...that vast expanse from stop two on the trams moving toward the park, and put in a large three or four story parking deck?  Perhaps they can take some of the other smaller lots, convert them back to grass or trees, and still have ample parking. Plus, get rid of all trams, busses, and the like, and put in an elevated monorail or a trolly line to connect everything? Hey, if I could park at the resort, then take the trolly or monorail to the new WW location and on to SDC, wouldn't that be nice?
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

oldsdcer

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 17, 2012, 01:26:58 PM »
But now Junior, with a monorail, your talking Disneyworld and not SDC in feeling.
SDC has always made a great past to remember

KBCraig

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 17, 2012, 05:40:50 PM »
But now Junior, with a monorail, your talking Disneyworld and not SDC in feeling.

Gotta be green trams.  :)

I never thought of parking garages, but that's actually a good idea both for closer parking, and for reclaiming a lot of land.

WolfHunter

• McCoy
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 02, 2012, 10:00:35 PM »

Gotta be green trams.  :)

I never thought of parking garages, but that's actually a good idea both for closer parking, and for reclaiming a lot of land.
Please. PLEASE! Bring back Todd's green Trams
Known to be "Amazing" -Swoosh