Author Topic: Future of White Water  (Read 29898 times)

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
Re: Future of White Water
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2007, 10:40:09 PM »
New for 2008 is a new entrance gate which currently being worked on.  There is talks about another new slide tower in 2009 as it appears White Water will also be part of Coaster Con
SWOOSH

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2007, 11:12:48 PM »
Will the new entrance jut into the parking lot to allow more space for expansion, or is it just a re-do of what they have?

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2007, 10:00:36 AM »
I have photos -- will work on getting that uploaded tonight
SWOOSH

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2007, 09:52:31 PM »
SWOOSH

Johnny Boy

• Ozark Hillbilly
  • ...What?
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 18, 2007, 08:02:59 PM »
More speed slides in '09?
I was hoping for a ProBowl SO badly!

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 18, 2007, 10:10:26 PM »
I said "slide tower" not speed slides -- "slide tower" could mean about anything
SWOOSH

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #21 on: December 19, 2007, 10:51:53 PM »
Where on earth are they going to put them? I hope there's room behind the water play fort, cause it would be a shame if they took any of the current slides out, they're all pretty good.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 20, 2007, 02:54:45 PM »
Bermuda Triangle is on borrowed time -- it takes up a lot of space and doesn't have very many people since most people forget it is even back there
SWOOSH

Johnny Boy

• Ozark Hillbilly
  • ...What?
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 28, 2007, 07:25:12 PM »
Where on earth are they going to put them? I hope there's room behind the water play fort, cause it would be a shame if they took any of the current slides out, they're all pretty good.
I change my mind about wanting WW to get a ProBowl.
if you go to www.proslide.com, click on Tornados, and watch the new Tornado Tantrums video, you'll see thats the thind that would fit perfect in a small space. Name idea? I think maybe

1. SPLASH Lagoon

2. Typoon

3. Twister Lagoon or Hurricane Lagoon

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #24 on: December 28, 2007, 11:23:43 PM »
Ah yes, I really like this concept, as it turns previously boring slide gimmicks into an actually fulfilling experience.

I really just want a new slide tower, similar to what Magic Springs just got with the 8-10 different slides.

Johnny Boy

• Ozark Hillbilly
  • ...What?
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 19, 2008, 10:28:06 PM »
   Was WW attendance down a whole bunch this year?
Two new rides in a year for a Water Park that seems to get TOO big crowds seems
kindof strange. And ever since the CC thing I've just been wondering, has all this slide tower stuff been confirmed?

sdcforever

« Reply #26 on: April 04, 2008, 03:50:33 PM »
   Was WW attendance down a whole bunch this year?

I don't think WW Branson attendance was down this year.  The website www.parkworld-online.com releases annual worldwide theme park attendance figures and it notes growth for both waterparks and themeparks worldwide.  Interestingly, if you read the 2007 attendance report, HFE has vaulted into the top 10 in attendance for worldwide amusement/theme park chains (#9. with 8.9 million visiting their properties last year).  Park World notes that this is due to both acquisitions and attendance increases for 2007.  None of their Branson properties placed in attendance rankings; two HFE properties placed in the top 15 2007 US Waterparks (Dollywood's Splash Country #11. 491,000 and WW Georgia 469,000).  Splash Country's 2007 attendance was enough for it to place at #19 in worldwide waterpark attendance.

I couldn't find any specific WW figures for Branson.  The latest SDC attendance figures I could find are from 2006; attendance was up 7.3% to 2,050,000.  Park World noted that this is due mainly to the Grand Exposition expansion.  It is widely noted that SDC attendance has been on an upward trend for a few decades and this growth is unlikely to end soon.

I expect HFE properties like WW Branson and SDC to follow worldwide theme park attendance trends, which have been increasing for a few years.  So I don't think attendance is a problem.  I have a feeling HFE may add some sort of attraction if Coaster Con is visiting WW Branson in addition to CC and SDC.  As for what it may be, I don't know.  Kalani Towers is still new, so a new slide tower doesn't seem likely IMO.  Maybe a new thrill tube ride like a tornado or probowl.  I think people would like that.  I don't know where they'd put it.  IMO, if they replace an old ride Bermuda Triangle seems most likely to be on the way out.

You should really check out Park World online if attendance figures interest you.  It's really interesting!  8)
« Last Edit: April 04, 2008, 03:54:12 PM by sdcforever »

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 04, 2008, 05:19:35 PM »
Attendance Figures:

Silver Dollar City - 2.03 million
Celebration City - 330,000
White Water - 251,000

Silver Dollar City - 2.07 million
Celebration City - 331,000
White Water - 250,000
SWOOSH

Copper

• Global Moderator
  • Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 04, 2008, 11:31:58 PM »
I think WW Branson’s attendance would have grown more in 07, but the rains really put a damper on things.

sdcforever

« Reply #29 on: April 05, 2008, 09:55:24 AM »
Attendance Figures:

Silver Dollar City - 2.03 million
Celebration City - 330,000
White Water - 251,000

Silver Dollar City - 2.07 million
Celebration City - 331,000
White Water - 250,000

Thanks for the figures, Swoosh!  Man, it's great to have a few people on here that work for SDC and can give us an inside scoop!  ;D  I wish I had known that you knew these figures before I went digging for them.  It would've saved me some time and effort.  Oh, well.  It wasn't a complete waste because I did find Park World online, which is a really great resource.  Do you have any updates on the renovation of the WW entrance or the possibility of a new ride in '09?  Also, and I don't know if you know this, but I'll ask.  Do you know how HFE feels about attendance at their Branson properties?  It looks pretty steady from '06 to '07.  Are they happy with the figures and do they expect a growth in '08?