Author Topic: Six Flags St. Lous To Get A Woodie?  (Read 15369 times)

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
Re: Six Flags St. Lous To Get A Woodie?
« Reply #30 on: November 16, 2007, 09:12:40 PM »

Sean Hannity's American Eagle

That would be enough to keep me from riding it.  ::)

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #31 on: December 11, 2007, 09:24:31 PM »
So now that the man himself is dead, will the impact of the ride be affected? I would think that after a few years, the park will change the name and theme of the ride, simply because Evel will be completely lost in history soon. I mean, I barely knew who he was when they announced the ride, how will the next generations know of him? After all, the fact that this coaster type doesn't convey the theme at all isn't helping.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #32 on: January 09, 2008, 04:56:55 PM »
It's a name for a ride.  There was never going to be any real themeing to it anyways -- who cares...
SWOOSH

Johnny Boy

• Ozark Hillbilly
  • ...What?
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 23, 2008, 06:13:47 PM »
Umm isn't it little cruel to call the name of a ride lame when it's namesake just died? In case everybody didn't know, the old stunt man died. I'm sure it was heart related since the guy has a bad health history, and he was that age where heart attack is common. Besides the name being a little strange for a natural colored, compact coaster, the ride will be great, since SF is good at planning with GCI. Also, whoever it was that said they might loose a woodie there, you guys are WAY off. Especially thinking that the Boss woul go. Six Flags spent a TON of money on that, and there are some people who enjoy it, after all, the line can get pretty long. Screaming Eagle won;t go either because it's a classic woodie with lot's of good airtime, and a ex record braker. Six Flags is a company with hitory of bankruptcy etc. After all, theres alot of parks for them to worry about.

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #34 on: January 23, 2008, 07:44:33 PM »
Umm isn't it little cruel to call the name of a ride lame when it's namesake just died?

No, not really. I still think it's a terrible choice of a theme, though it has so many possibilites elsewhere. It's bad because it feels like they just took a stock wooden coaster and  cheap americana theme and slapped them together old SF style.

Also, whoever it was that said they might loose a woodie there, you guys are WAY off. Especially thinking that the Boss woul go. Six Flags spent a TON of money on that, and there are some people who enjoy it, after all, the line can get pretty long. Screaming Eagle won;t go either because it's a classic woodie with lot's of good airtime, and a ex record braker. Six Flags is a company with hitory of bankruptcy etc. After all, theres alot of parks for them to worry about.
Hey, that was just loose talk. All I'm saying is that the Screaming Eagle commands more importance than most people will give it credit. The rumors of it being phased out surely can't be true.

Tom

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 24, 2008, 12:05:39 PM »
"Knievel's death was confirmed by his granddaughter, Krysten Knievel. He had been in failing health for years, suffering from diabetes and pulmonary fibrosis, an incurable condition that scarred his lungs."
-ESPN Website

I am so torn on this subject.  I am absolutely excited about the design of the coaster.  I'm surprised about discontent with the coaster itself.  The name . . .surely SF knew that they were building a coaster in the name of a dying man.  He was going down hill for a while.  I am assuming that SF has talked to the family.

Eagle Rider

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 02, 2008, 07:13:16 PM »
All I'm saying is that the Screaming Eagle commands more importance than most people will give it credit. The rumors of it being phased out surely can't be true.

You're right about the Eagle deserving more respect.  Plenty of enthusiasts love it, but for others it's an overlooked gem. I can assure you that the Eagle will be part of the park for years to come, if not forever.  My talks with the park's GM have confirmed that the Eagle is staying!

Johnny Boy

• Ozark Hillbilly
  • ...What?
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 03, 2008, 07:19:26 PM »
The only thing with the boss is that its a really good coaster that has alot of bad days.
It just depends on the sortof coaster you enjoy.
Personaly, i think theres nothing wrong with the Screamin Eagle, and the boss is getting retracked a little last I heard, that might fix some of the insane rattleyness