Author Topic: Six Flags St. Lous To Get A Woodie?  (Read 15366 times)

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
Six Flags St. Lous To Get A Woodie?
« on: September 11, 2007, 03:41:36 PM »
Screamscape seems to think that SFStL is confirmed for a new GCII woodie in 2008. Naturally, there are no sources, no clues, or any info to give us incite onto why this is so, seeing as they just got a new coaster last year, among other things.

Screamscape does have a few good sources here and there though, so at this point, who knows. I'm hoping for another Renegade, but this time with more filling.

Eagle Rider

• View Profile
Re: Six Flags St. Lous To Get A Woodie?
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2007, 05:51:17 PM »
The rumors on this have been all over the place.  A CGI would be my Second choice for the park, just after a B&M hyper.  Only time will tell.

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
  • Resident Twenty-Something Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2007, 07:32:47 PM »
Don't they have a ride called The Boss? I know it's a woodie but it might be a different park.
"May there always be a Silver Dollar City..."

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2007, 08:43:27 PM »
Yeah, they have the Boss and the Screamin' Eagle, both of which are great woodies. Thus, there's even less probability that this rumor is true, but still..

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2007, 08:44:09 PM »
I didn't think The Boss was that great. I'm not one of the people that like to get my head banged around.

Eagle Rider

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2007, 06:49:22 PM »
I'm starting to think it really will be a GCI.  This makes me super happy.  The 4 GCI coasters I've ridden are some of my favorites.

The park's PR manager has agreed to send me all the details on Oct. 1

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2007, 07:34:37 PM »
I hate to be a skeptic, but why is everyone so sure this is going to be a woodie? It could be another family play area for all I've seen.

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2007, 07:42:12 PM »
Six Flags doesn't always focus on the families.

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2007, 08:06:16 PM »
They might not, but seeing as that's pretty much all Snyder want's to do right now, I'd expect something more along those lines than two new coasters in a row. After all, what was that about getting out of the sporadic coaster-building game? I guess this wouldn't be so sporadic, and it would be a good move all around, and I do want to see it happen, I just don't see why everyone's so sure it is happening already. After all, we haven't seen any piles of wood or footers yet, have we?

Eagle Rider

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2007, 08:14:03 PM »
They opened a huge new kids area last year.  It was 10 rides and a gigantic play structure and water fountains to splash in.

Wood is Good and is most likely on the way.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2007, 08:30:12 PM by Eagle Rider »

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2007, 08:16:30 PM »
I've been to SFSL once and I did not enjoy myself. Just doesn't have the charm of SDC/Disney. I did like the Batman ride though.

Tom

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2007, 12:23:38 AM »
GCI all the way!  Here's the deal:  Outlaw and Ozark Wildcat are great examples of smallslower coasters can pack all of the punch of a mega coaster if they are designed correctly.  A coaster of about 70 feet would contrast the boss very well.  Personally, I don't think they're building more coasters this year.  They just built Tony Hawk and I am in agreement with the earlier post that SF is tryng to go with families. 
A couple of years ago, everyone was just posiive that SF was building a stand up. . . never happened.

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2007, 09:10:03 PM »
So apparently the announcement will be on Thursday, and it's pretty well confirmed to be a GCII, according to the MiG editor.

I'm hoping for something like Troy, but given that SFStL already has 2 big woodies, I'm thinking this will probably be a mid-sized coaster with some crazy twists. Maybe we'll see and expansion on what they did with Renagade, but with even more radical curves and such. Wouldn't it be cool if they went for an over-bank? TGG has been really impressing everyone with their 90* turns, so you'd expect GCII to fight back...

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2007, 06:26:06 PM »
http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/news/stories.nsf/stlouiscitycounty/story/FA207BDCCCDD1D9C862573620074A6E6?OpenDocument

It's out, and it's officially a GCII woodie with Millenium flyer trains. It sounds like it will be a clone of Thunderbird in Finland, which I have always thought looked exceptionally good. The only downside to all of this is that it will be themed to Evil Kineval - lame. I don't want to know what name they've come up with for this.

I guess it's different at least, even original.

Eagle Rider

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2007, 07:50:28 PM »
SFSTL has a history of lame theming so the EK theme comes as little surprise, but I wish it weren't so.

Name aside, I'm a huge GCI fan and it sounds like my 1-2 visits to SFSTL per week will be increased to 2-3 per week next season.