Author Topic: Bus vs Tram question  (Read 2056 times)

saloongal

• Jr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Bus vs Tram question
« on: April 29, 2010, 07:23:45 AM »
So...we usually park close and walk instead of dealing with the hassle of tram or bus with a large stroller.  But I am thinking that this weekend it is not going to be much of a possibility.
Do the busses have the big storage doors to put strollers in?  Also what is the polite way to board a tram with a 50lb stroller and 2 kids?
"Children, like fruit, are often sweetest just before they turn bad"

Ozark Outlaw

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I am on Facebook. :)
Re: Bus vs Tram question
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2010, 09:11:11 AM »
I do not believe either the trams, or the buses have any large storage areas to put a stroller in. I could be wrong though.

If all else fails just treat the stroller as if it was another person. Just let everyone on your aisle know that your stroller prefers the outside exit seat only.  :)

However, I believe the trams will be easier to maneuver in with a stroller. The red, and blue buses feature a tall narrow set of steps to climb onboard.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2010, 09:13:00 AM by Ozark BBQ »

StaceySue

• Cave Guide
  • Avid Lurker
    • View Profile
Re: Bus vs Tram question
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2010, 08:10:09 PM »
I've loaded a stroller on both.  The tram is better, but the bus is possible.  On the tram, some seating has larger spaces than others.  A couple of weekends ago when we were there, I just loaded the stroller next to us.  On the bus last Christmas, we put our stroller in a middle section of the bus (near a second entrance?). I also had the baby carrier/car seat part with the baby next to me.  On a school-bus type bus, we put the stroller in the front seat as directed. 

This is not a small stroller that we lug around.  It was a travel system, but the baby has now outgrown the car seat part.  We have always used the SDC transportation, including transportation from Deer Run.  Sometimes we look like a crazy circus act, but it's not a big deal to us.