Author Topic: Celebration City Developments  (Read 127487 times)

CJR

• View Profile
Re: Celebration City Developments
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2010, 09:31:27 PM »
I'm wondering if they plan on doing something theme park related.  While they are selling off a lot of rides and relocating others, there are still a bunch that is left.  Ones that I believe is still there (and not for sale or relocated) besides the kiddie rides which I'm not familiar with include: The Orbiter, Bumper Cars, The Ozark Wildcat, Go Karts, Mini-Golf, Carousel, Accelerator, Roaring Falls, and Fireball.  While the other rides are nice, none of them (unless you consider the Electric Star Wheel one) are poster worthy rides.  These rides still could be sold off, relocated or put into storage, but the fact they're all still there and haven't yet been moved or posted on a for sale website means HFE wants to keep them (at least, for now).

I'm hoping that they at least have an idea what they want to ultimately do with the space.  It's been almost two years since the gates at CC closed.  As a fan of the park, I'm still upset they closed it in the first place.

U Smell Smoke

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2010, 07:49:34 PM »
I guess as late in the year as it is getting, it is safe to say nothing will be open on the CC site in 2011????  I'm not convinced they really know what they want to do with the space.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2010, 08:09:57 PM »
I guess as late in the year as it is getting, it is safe to say nothing will be open on the CC site in 2011????  I'm not convinced they really know what they want to do with the space.

They want to liquidate the rides and then they will take steps from there. 
That's about all I can get from them.
SWOOSH

Colby Cox

• Ozark Hillbilly
  • I'm your number one fan.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2010, 05:44:21 PM »
They need at least one very thrilling ride. I love OzCat, and hope that I haven't had my last ride on it yet. But they need something that will really scare people. They could do this with a very space efficient coaster, I'm sure, or with a bigger thrill ride. But I think that they are aiming too much at kids and families with children now and not at teens and adults. That would help a lot..

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2010, 12:44:59 PM »
COME ON SDC! WHAT IS GOING TO HAPPEN WITH THE CC PROPERTY? Any insiders heard any good news or rumors about the property? WHAT'S Happening??? :-\
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2010, 01:48:40 PM »
Right now they're still in the process of liquidation. With this much equipment to move, that will probably take a while. I doubt they're in any hurry anyway, since the Branson real estate market is pretty sluggish right now.

Considering the way the place is being gutted, I've lost pretty much all hope that HFEC will use it for something else. It looks like it's being prepared for the bulldozer, but they're moving at a pace that keeps their options open...

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 28, 2010, 02:13:24 PM »
Does anyone have recent photos of the CC property, and would you post them for us?
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

Ozark Outlaw

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I am on Facebook. :)
« Reply #22 on: October 29, 2010, 12:10:00 AM »
Does anyone have recent photos of the CC property, and would you post them for us?

I don't have any pictures unfortunately. However, when I was there a few weeks ago the grass, and weeds were all grown up, and everything that is easily salvageable was gone. Very reminiscent of a ghost town. The woody is still standing tall though.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 29, 2010, 09:54:04 AM »
yes it is standing tall,..,  and property looks bad...  i will try to remember to get some pics at thanksgiving for you..

Parson B Ready

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 29, 2010, 12:16:35 PM »
Ghost Town--Hey! There's an idea!  Instead of transforming SDC for Halloween, next year turn CC into a ghost town for Halloween, and give everybody a chance to ride the ozcat one more time!

Nate65807

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 29, 2010, 12:19:28 PM »
Sweet idea!
Nate
"I'm not an extraordinary man. But when I put my mind to it,
I'm like Hercules meets Michael Bolton. I can go the distance"

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 29, 2010, 05:56:30 PM »
thats an idea! and then fire up the movie projector and play  jason movies on the rock wall!! over the lake!!

Nate65807

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 29, 2010, 05:58:29 PM »
Yeah...and after all the Jason movies are over, fire up the laser show and fireworks and play "Thriller" and invite people up to dance like they always did at CC when it was open :)
Nate
"I'm not an extraordinary man. But when I put my mind to it,
I'm like Hercules meets Michael Bolton. I can go the distance"

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #28 on: November 28, 2010, 12:35:56 AM »
Still no nothing to speak of happening on the CC site, but another old ride has found a home. The old Tilt-a-whirl will be going to the new Miracle Strip @ Pier Park amusement park in FL. That brings the total of rides who have found a new home to 5.

I drove by today and had to wonder how it's more profitable for them to just let the park sit there rather than operate it for two years, going on three. I hope they do something with the place soon, even if that means just breaking it up and selling it. I'm tired of looking at it and thinking about what could have been. I thought they said they would have a plan in place by now...

joshblakebran

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 28, 2010, 03:55:58 PM »
I agree...we just got back from Branson today and driving by the evacuated CC is heart wrenching...Will we see Roaring Falls at SDC eventually? How about the wooden rollercoaster? Could the little kids' rides be themed to fit in at the Grand Exposition? Would there be room?
Colorado SDC Fan