Author Topic: Celebration City Developments  (Read 128376 times)

thelarsonsix

• Conductor
    • View Profile
    • My facebook page. Just let me know you're from SDC fans
Re: Celebration City Developments
« Reply #60 on: March 08, 2011, 08:17:00 PM »
Friday and Saturday. We'll be heading home on the 20th.
"He takes a log, then he just cuts away everything that don't look like an injun" - Jed Clampett

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 09, 2011, 03:18:42 AM »
maybe next time.. sounds like there will be several of us in and out that friday-sat-sunday..

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #62 on: March 09, 2011, 05:50:42 PM »
Hijack indeed.

I set up the 2011 Meet-Ups thread for the topic of possible meetings at the park for SDCFans members.  Please refer to that thread to further the conversation about your visits to SDC:

http://sdcfans.com/forums/index.php?topic=1456.0
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #63 on: April 10, 2011, 01:03:21 AM »
If some recent rumors are correct, some BIG things are in the works for the CC property and will be announced soon. More details will be posted soon.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 10, 2011, 01:53:57 AM »
Anything they decide to do with CC would be big news. How long do we have to wait to hear the rumor?

History Buff

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 10, 2011, 07:44:23 AM »
BIG things and BIG money.  I wonder if the name will remain the same.  It would seem doubtful.  When the announcement is made, we'll be able to discuss it more openly.

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 10, 2011, 08:41:09 AM »
Hmmmmm...interesting!
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 10, 2011, 09:08:21 AM »
Please correct me if I am wrong but it seems that Branson as a whole is not as busy as it was when CC first opened.
They couldn't get enough people in there to make it. What has changed?

Maybe if the experience was unique enough they could sell the 3 day package again but I dont know what they would do it make necessary adjustments.  There was not enough there that was different, yes they had 50's music and all that but that was not enough to make it have that " feel" that SDC, WDW, Epcot, DW and other successful theme parks have.  It had a funky layout and I could never get into it.  I had the pass and went several times but asside from Wildcat and maybe 1 other ride it was just too much like a fair in quality  ( I will catch flak for that I know)  Maybe it has grown in and is shady and a little more park like now, maybe they can make a shopping district out of it, it might not take much to get some of those shops from the Landing to jump ship.  The resort complex like a Great Wolf Lodge is interesting coupled with a few rides shops and restaurants.  The key to that is making is a easy to access property, meaning the Landing take a hike any way you attack it. 
I am interested and look forward to hearing what the plans are.

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
  • Resident Twenty-Something Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 10, 2011, 11:56:13 AM »
Very interesting...I'm excited to hear the news. I'm sure HFEC will make smart decisions whatever they choose to do.
"May there always be a Silver Dollar City..."

History Buff

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 10, 2011, 12:58:46 PM »
^^You won't catch any flack from me - That was exactly the situation.  There were some great additions and changes made when the switch was made from Branson USA to CC.  OzCat, the carousel, the Main Street entrance, and the laser show were all terrific additions to a cheapo amusement park.  I believe HFE is aware of this (and the lack of shows) and some of those unique additions will be included in any reopening effort.  Hopefully the investment will be enough for us to justify buying two- or three-park passes.  It may, in fact, be one of the largest investments HFE has ever poured into one park in a single year.

joshblakebran

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 10, 2011, 02:21:09 PM »
I know you can't say what this "big" thing this is going to be, however, can you give us an estimated time when this new "big" thing might open? For the 2012 season, 2013? Just curious.
Colorado SDC Fan

History Buff

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 10, 2011, 03:06:55 PM »
Don't know.

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #72 on: April 10, 2011, 03:16:23 PM »
I'm going to go ahead and guess that it's planned for 2012, but only because of what Zephon told us and my gut feeling that they've had long enough to plan this out.

For clarification, nothing was actually told to us, but we did stumble upon some information recently, and we're more or less keeping it on the down-low until the park has a chance to redact the info if they want to. If not, we'll post all the info we have this week. The brunt of it is that there are apparently some big things planned for the property that should take care of some of the factors mhguy77 just mentioned.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2011, 03:18:37 PM by shavethewhales »

joshblakebran

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 10, 2011, 04:54:12 PM »
Well....thanks for everybody's responses...I can't wait to see what it is...Will it be some sort of a theme park, shopping center, amusement park, aquariam, etc.? Will it be something family-oriented? Just some of my wonderings at this point. One would think that the OzCat would be part of it in some way.
Colorado SDC Fan

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 10, 2011, 04:56:08 PM »
mh, i dont think anyone here will agrue with you on this topic.  I was only there 3 or 4 times. I tought all of the coin machines, boats, arcade was just too much "gimmick"..

I,liked the mini golf, coasters,laser show.  and a few of the other rides..

However, if they had not charged quite so much to enter, or maybe no charge to enter and you had to buy coupons or something.  YES i know, just like a fair!  But CC was not SDC.

I guess we will find out soon.