Author Topic: Celebration City Developments  (Read 127486 times)

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
Re: Celebration City Developments
« Reply #45 on: February 10, 2011, 08:31:52 PM »
^I can vouch - I have heard the same thing many times from PTB.
We're still looking at a couple years out though if it does happen
SWOOSH

bthomas

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 10, 2011, 09:42:50 PM »
Here's hoping they don't fall behind the curve.  There are a number of abandoned and idle developments in and around Branson.  Anyone know of what happened to the Rodeo Arena attraction that was planned across from Branson Meadows...or how about the excavation across from the original Walmart?  We are know hearing that the most possible future for the Grand Palace is the wrecking ball.  Not to mention Indian Point.

It seems like to visionaries that made Branson what it is have all decided to sit on the sidelines and take a wait and see attitude.  I certainly hope that other cities dont take this as an opportunity to cease the moment and steal some of Branson's tourism thunder.  I read recently that Kansas Schilitterbahn is continuing to go forward with their resort plans and the huge Scheels Sporting is scheduled to break ground in the near future.

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #47 on: February 10, 2011, 11:42:46 PM »
Good to know the wheels are still turning. Looking at it from the outside, it's really difficult to tell what's going on sometimes. I know they've got to be waiting for something though. Maybe they're simultaneously waiting for both a boost in traffic thanks to a big addition to SDC in 2012 and the improving economic conditions.

I agree with you about the state of Branson development bthomas. Unfortunately too many visionaries and leaders keep making the same mistakes over and over again in Branson, and the town is really paying for it. It wasn't long ago Branson had multiple big developments ready to come in, such as that big European themed resort with the waterpark. These days I'll bet they'd kill to have anything like that come back.

As far as CC goes though, I guess we'll have to sit and wait for a couple of years at least.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 11, 2011, 08:06:31 AM »
i am sure you guys are right. At least 2 -3 years..  with the WW mods for 2011, and we know SDC will be getting something substantial in 2012.   

Even if they announced some kind of  major "project" at CC this year, It would take at least 2 seasons to have it up and going. 

because as we are fully aware of whatever happens to CC, will be Major!.

So yea, lets sit and wait.!

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #49 on: February 11, 2011, 03:11:13 PM »
To be safe, I don't think we know about anything substantial, but there are likely to be some irons in the fire for '12.
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 11, 2011, 04:53:16 PM »
agreed! ;D

biscuitcreek

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 14, 2011, 09:38:34 PM »
Here's hoping they don't fall behind the curve.  There are a number of abandoned and idle developments in and around Branson.  Anyone know of what happened to the Rodeo Arena attraction that was planned across from Branson Meadows...or how about the excavation across from the original Walmart?  We are know hearing that the most possible future for the Grand Palace is the wrecking ball.  Not to mention Indian Point.

I emailed the rodeo arena attraction people back in 2009 -- economy did them in.  The Tanstone development next to Tanger had lots of  excavation -- all the money spent on site prep and the economy caved in.  The Grand Palace is for sale for $10 million and there are several lawsuits in regards to that situation.  Same for Indian Ridge -- lots of lawsuits.  Bristol Falls never developed on Indian Point and many lawsuits with that.  The waterpark/big time resort never happened in Hollister either but lots of excavation took place.  Stonebridge Village, Branson Creek, and Emory Creek have hit bumps in the road, too.  Heard today that Club 57 at Dick Clark's had closed.  The economy has been tough on the tourism industry.

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #52 on: February 21, 2011, 10:47:37 PM »
OzCat's trains are headed to DW to be used for parts/extra trains.
http://www.screamscape.com/html/dollywood.htm

Doesn't seem like they're leaving the possibility open for them to come back to Branson...

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 22, 2011, 08:45:51 AM »

I read this as well.  I wouldn't get to upset or concerned.
I would look at it like this, those trains have been sitting and losing there value to the company.  IF the other parks need them for extra parts or just extra trains,  send them on.  It makes more sense to use what is sitting idol than to invest in new parts or trains.  They have plenty of time to purchase new ones and possible the technology will improve when they finally get around to doing something with CC.  If I was in there shoes I would do the same.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 22, 2011, 09:10:48 AM »
We all agree it will be at least 2 - 3 years before anything is done at CC. Someone may as well be using the cars/parts now..

If they set for 2-3 years without usage, they would need rebuilt/refurbished or even modified anyway.

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 22, 2011, 12:16:39 PM »
If they set for 2-3 years without usage, they would need rebuilt/refurbished or even modified anyway

Exactly my thoughts  Sanddunerider
« Last Edit: February 22, 2011, 12:48:04 PM by mhguy77 »

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #56 on: March 08, 2011, 01:31:59 PM »
Another CC ride, the tilt-a-whirl, is fully operational at another park: http://pcbdaily.com/new-at-miracle-strip

Looking at the updated Google Maps of CC, it looks like the Fireball and a couple kiddie rides have left the property also. They've moved off approx. half the rides at this point, and the ones that remain are either to big to be easily sold off or aren't really in high demand on the ride market.

If anyone wants to stop by and take account of the rides that are still there this summer, that would be interesting to know. It might also be time to start keeping a closer watch of the property to see if they're demolishing anything or getting ready to do something with the place.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 08, 2011, 01:43:11 PM »
I will be in branson next weekend. 

will do a drive by CC and WW.  and see if can get new pics or see if anything is going on.. 

thelarsonsix

• Conductor
    • View Profile
    • My facebook page. Just let me know you're from SDC fans
« Reply #58 on: March 08, 2011, 06:11:18 PM »
I will be in branson next weekend. 

Me too!   ;D  ;D  ;D

Sorry for the hijack, but I couldn't resist.
"He takes a log, then he just cuts away everything that don't look like an injun" - Jed Clampett

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 08, 2011, 07:57:18 PM »
driving down on the 20th, going to SDC as soon as i hit town!!

when will u be there ?