Author Topic: Anniversary Week Approaching!  (Read 7526 times)

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
Anniversary Week Approaching!
« on: April 23, 2010, 08:32:31 AM »
My Plans are to be on park sometime next Friday (1 week from today!) and, of course, on Saturday. Not sure when my wife and I will be on park Friday, but on Saturday, we hope to be there by 8am for Breakfast, then to the opening ceremony. Most of the rest of the day for us is unscripted, but we will probably be at the Noon birthday celebration at Echo Hollow, and will for sure be at the employee reunion after 2pm. If anybody wants to meet up, NOW is the time to forge solid plans. Make a post here, and we'll see what we can work out. I still will offer to anyone interested a tour of Lost River where I'd be glad to point out stuff left over from the diving bell days. That's if anybody is interested. If nothing else, maybe we can meet up, shake hands, and saw "howdy" for a few minutes.
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

tinmann620

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
Re: Anniversary Week Approaching!
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2010, 09:58:48 AM »
I'll be there both days, an hour before opening.  Maybe if we plan a spot for the early birds, like in front of Molly's at opening, or Echo Hollow 15 min before the show...anyone? 
RIP Chippewa Lake Park

saloongal

• Jr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2010, 11:55:30 AM »
We will be there, but probably won't be on park until 9 or so.  And after that, I will probably be going back and forth between the frogs and butterflies for about 3 hours!   :D
"Children, like fruit, are often sweetest just before they turn bad"

SteamFreak

• Hatfield
  • DO NOT pull the orange cable.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2010, 07:11:26 AM »
I'll be at the Depot, running really fast probably...

Zephon

• Conductor
  • RedBirdFever
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2010, 09:23:16 AM »
It's going to be non-stop, on the go for those of us in Echo that weekend.  First the Ozark Mountain Daredevils on Friday night, then an early call on Saturday to get everybody loaded in and set up for the Noon event.  Lots of celebs coming for that.  Then striking everything and getting ready for the regular Echo show that night.  And finally on Sunday, getting ready for the evening show consisting of the combined choirs of James River Assembly and the 2nd Baptist Church.  Whew...glad we have the next 2 days off.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2010, 09:23:55 AM by Zephon »
"Why do they call them Wild Women?"

Joy

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2010, 04:00:54 PM »
Wow. So, I imagine the noon event is gonna be the biggie, right? But the fireworks will be during the regular Echo night show?

And, woah! They updated the page that highlights what's going on next weekend. On Friday and Saturday at 9pm, there's gonna be a "Street Dance" with the Street Troupe!

Man, this is gonna be SOOO fun!

I've not gotten a room at Deer Run 'cause I don't have anyone who wanted to come down for the day (my friends will only get to come once this year, so they want to come on a far less busy day). I think I'll be hitching a ride with Tinmann on Saturday (?).
« Last Edit: April 24, 2010, 04:01:25 PM by tinaalsgirl »

oldsdcer

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2010, 06:21:16 PM »
Will be there friday afternoon and most of saturday depending if i have to take the wife back to our room at the Best Western. Looking to have a T shirt made with sdcfans.com on it .
SDC has always made a great past to remember

bthomas

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2010, 09:44:10 PM »
Will be there Thursday - Sunday.  Plan on being at the park everyday.  Will have to miss some of the events on Saturday....have a football game to attend for my nephew.  Go Kansas Kaos!

Ozark Outlaw

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I am on Facebook. :)
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2010, 05:00:21 PM »
I will be there in three weeks! Okay, so I won’t quite make it in time for the anniversary weekend. Everyone be sure to take lots, and lots of pictures!  ;D

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2010, 06:46:28 PM »
WHOOPS! Right now, I'm boo hoo hooing! Went to visit family over the weekend, slipped, and broke my right ankle! Guess what came in the mail today? My tickets to anniversary weekend! So now I'm stuck at home for the next several weeks, recovering. Imagine my disappointment. So I hope everyone able to go will put photos on line and reports of what happened.  :'(
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

KBCraig

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2010, 07:23:25 PM »
WHOOPS! Right now, I'm boo hoo hooing! Went to visit family over the weekend, slipped, and broke my right ankle! Guess what came in the mail today? My tickets to anniversary weekend! So now I'm stuck at home for the next several weeks, recovering.

Wow, bummer.

You should just get yourself a scooter and charge down the hills laying on the horn.  ;D

Joy

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2010, 08:49:14 PM »
Oh no! Yeah, get yourself a scooter and rule the road! :D

Ozark Outlaw

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I am on Facebook. :)
« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2010, 08:24:07 AM »
Junior you must go!

Speaking of scooters, could you imagine how much fun you could have just sitting in the middle of a crowded bottleneck during what I predict to be one of the busiest days in Silver Dollar City history?

Rides? Ha! Who needs them? Just drive your scooter across the swinging bridge, or turn the power off, and roll down Hill Street. Perhaps we could connect your scooter to the last car of the train as well? :)

pintrader

« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2010, 08:34:02 AM »
We were in line getting our season passes sunday and I asked the clerk how many people they expected this saturday.  She said the estimate was 15,000 to 16,000.  Seems a tad low to me but then it depends a lot on the weather. ???

Joy

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2010, 09:36:21 AM »
Yeah, to me that seems awfully low. I mean, opening day in 1960 had 18,000. Maybe the estimate is based on the school year not being over yet? *shrugs*