Author Topic: Disney Death  (Read 2663 times)

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
Disney Death
« on: April 02, 2010, 12:21:23 PM »
Associated Press reports a 9 year old boy was struck and killed by a Disneyworld bus while riding a bike with a friend on the theme park property at Lake Buena Vista, FL near the Fort Wilderness area on Thursday. The boy was riding with an 11 year old friend who was not hurt.  When struck by the bus, the boy was pulled under the right rear tire. Investigation continues, but investigators initially said the bus driver was not impaired or driving recklessly. No criminal charges are expected.
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

Ozark Outlaw

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I am on Facebook. :)
Re: Disney Death
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2010, 12:52:11 PM »
Wow, that is absolutely awful! I know there will be many questions about the how and why, but it sounds like it was just a young boy out enjoying life.  Such a terrible accident that no one could have predicted, or wanted to happen. This is going to be a difficult time for not only the family, but also the bus driver, and the other child that was on scene.

sdcforever

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2010, 02:26:13 PM »
Lance at Screamscape received disturbing info from an inside source that the 81 year old bus driver that struck and killed the 9 year old boy was in the midst of a mandatory 13 hour shift. :o  If that's true overtime policy needs to be changed for Disney CMs.  In the past, the mandatory overtime policy for Disney CMs involved working 6 days per week, not overloading over 5 days.  The likelihood of accidents for commercial drivers skyrockets once you get past 10 hours of driving.

Read more here: http://screamscape.com/html/walt_disney_world_resort.htm

StaceySue

• Cave Guide
  • Avid Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2010, 08:05:53 PM »
If I'm not mistaken, the link says that the 81 year-old driver was involved in a different collision.  There have been a few bus incidents, but I'd still trust Disney transportation around the resort.