Author Topic: Your opinion on taking pictures  (Read 8748 times)

slow_walker

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
    • Rosey's Ramblings
Re: Your opinion on taking pictures
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2010, 10:39:20 PM »
Lol. Yep, I know the feeling. When I first started shooting with mine last year I actually deleted 95% of the pictures I took the first few months because I expected the shots to look amazing straight off the camera (like my little p&s Nikon LX1 did) and they didn't. Finally I just realized that I needed to learn how to edit. And how to use my camera properly... which I am still working on.

pintrader

« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2010, 10:53:55 PM »
Fellow visitors at sdc have never bothered me while taking pictures. I always find it interesting to see what they are taking pictures of. But on the other hand the thing that bothers me the most is sdc employees asking if they can take my picture. Usually I am asked in front of the ticket booths and again right before I get to the turnstiles to enter. Then sometimes I am asked before I enter the Hospitality House and again just after I exit the Hospitality House. Makes me feel a little guilty saying no thanks to the same people several different times. Also it kind of makes me feel my space is being invaded. Asking a person once should be enough.

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2010, 11:01:30 PM »
I concur

How-doFolks

• Craftsman
  • Dirt racin' is our Life.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2010, 08:24:48 AM »
Pictuers, hmmm....
For one, i dont mind any of it. Snap away cuz i sure do, some of best pics is when i used to use them throw away camers. I used 800 speed film & got killer shots on some'a the coasters. I got 1 shot on Wildfire perfectly upside down, it looks cool! Now we got a lil' video camera that takes pics also.
Dont feel guilty about takin' pictures, but if ya realize ya'r are gettin' funny looks, then i would ask.
Live life like it's the last day!

KBCraig

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2010, 02:47:54 PM »
I only have one problem with pictures: trying to politely wait and stay out of people's pictures, if only they would just hurry up and take the darn picture.

Or, sometimes I'm waiting because other people don't, and keep barging right through. Those people irritate me when I'm taking my own pictures too.

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2010, 02:59:48 PM »
I hate people in my photos. Rarely do I have a portrait photo (which oddly enough is the opposite in my paintings) I like my photos to be timeless and anonymous. When people see me with the cameras I mentioned earlier in this thread, people usually stop and stare...so I rarely have issues with people in a shot that I was trying to take