Author Topic: Opening Day March 18th...  (Read 45666 times)

marolinesdad

• Conductor
    • View Profile
Re: Opening Day March 18th...
« Reply #30 on: February 20, 2010, 09:22:13 AM »
The last 2 years on opening day they had way more people in the park than expected and were short handed.  I hope they have learned from this and will beef it up..  I doubt it though.  It makes it hard when you are bringing new people to the park and trying to get them to buy season passes when the lines are long and the service is slow.
“May there always be a Silver Dollar City.” – Paul Harvey

marolinesdad

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 21, 2010, 03:15:56 PM »
Stores opening dates.  13 stores will not be open on opening day.

March 18th ~~~ Apple Butter Shop, Ashley's Tintype Photography,  Becca's House, Bishop's Watercolor Art, Bittersweet Gallery, Brown's Candy Factory, Dazzle Magic Shop, General Store, Gill Wire Jewelry, Greene's Wagon Train Dolls, Guilliams Cut Coin Jewelry & Rings, Hazel's Blown & Cut Glass Factory, Heartland Home Furnishings, Hillcreek Pottery, Honey Heaven, Hospitality House, Huff's Gallery, Inventor's Warehouse, JJ Fiddlestick's Toy Store, Maples Tole Painting, Mission Metals, Ozark Marketplace, Phoebe Snapp Taffy, PowderKeg® Company Store, Railey Creek Broom Works, Sawmill Signs, Silver Dollar City U.S. Post Office, Smokehouse Jerky & Sausage Company, Sullivan's Mill, The Greatest Gift, Two Sisters Jewelry, Valley Road Woodcarvers, Wilderness Road Blacksmith Shop.

April 8th ~~~ Carrie's Candles, Casey's Baseball Bat Cart, Cowboy Jepp's, Granny's Lye Soap, Mountain Leather Shop, Mountain Outfitters Gun and Knife Shop.

May 13th ~~~ Christmas Hollow, Duplicating Lathe, Love My Country, Outdoor Missouri, Riverfront Traders & River Freight Company, Whistle Stop Shop, White River Mercantile.   

« Last Edit: February 21, 2010, 03:19:06 PM by oklaSDCfan »

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
  • Resident Twenty-Something Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 21, 2010, 05:51:51 PM »
I know this is off topic, but how much business does the Christmas Hollow shop get during the spring and summer season? I haven't paid that much attention but I know it's always packed during the holiday season.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2010, 05:52:54 PM by Coaster »
"May there always be a Silver Dollar City..."

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #33 on: February 21, 2010, 10:22:10 PM »
There are always people in there when I walk by that shop.

Of that list, the one that surprises me the most not opening with start of the season is Carrie's Candles.  That store is always busy.
SWOOSH

marolinesdad

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 22, 2010, 06:58:07 AM »
I am supprised about the Candle shop as well..  I have called and put my 2 cents in on that one already.  I think if more people would call in them might open that shop.

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 22, 2010, 08:06:52 AM »
Heck there's enough of us here that we could all man the shop for a day on our visits! But I am sure I would leave with a headache. Not from the customers, or the chaos of working retail again, but from the plethora of smells in the store! I can take it in small doses, but for a whole day ...I would be done. I re-shelved a few hundred candles at a store I was working at, and collectively the candles defeated me by days end!

stlphotogal

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 22, 2010, 01:15:34 PM »
Heck there's enough of us here that we could all man the shop for a day on our visits! But I am sure I would leave with a headache. Not from the customers, or the chaos of working retail again, but from the plethora of smells in the store! I can take it in small doses, but for a whole day ...I would be done. I re-shelved a few hundred candles at a store I was working at, and collectively the candles defeated me by days end!

I'm unable to actually go in this store ( :() unfortunately the smell is just too much for me - my daughter, however, loves it and goes in with my mom and dips me a candle every year (at least once). I can't even go into Yankee Candle at a mall, it's just too much smell for me!!

slow_walker

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
    • Rosey's Ramblings
« Reply #37 on: February 22, 2010, 03:23:37 PM »
I realize I could probably search the forums to answer the question I'm getting ready to ask... but I think it would take way too long.

Are any of the regular posters here current SDC employees? When I'm at the park this year, I'd like to say "hi" and introduce myself.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2010, 03:24:22 PM by slow_walker »

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 22, 2010, 03:28:53 PM »
Copper, Doc, tinman and a couple others I know for sure are employees.
I'm there enough myself that I might as well be one.

Give us all a holler on the boards when you go so we can be on the look out for you.
Shoot History Buff saw me randomly one time during Christmas, and I usually run into Copper every other time I go.
SWOOSH

sdcforever

« Reply #39 on: February 22, 2010, 04:46:51 PM »
Zephon and SteamFreak are employees as well.  SteamFreak is a conductor on the Frisco Silver Dollar Line. :)

slow_walker

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
    • Rosey's Ramblings
« Reply #40 on: February 22, 2010, 05:14:46 PM »
Sweet. Surely I will bump into someone at some point.

tinmann620

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 23, 2010, 12:59:33 AM »
Correction:  I do not work at the city, only live there!   ;D  I will be there probably the 18th-20th, often wearing a black Dogpatch USA ball cap.
RIP Chippewa Lake Park

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 23, 2010, 10:03:53 AM »
Man tinman I almost called you and asked if you were withholding information! And if you needed an assistant! I don't live there as much as TM does, but I am there quite often, I WILL work there someday!

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 23, 2010, 04:25:10 PM »
Take it from a former citizen...you will enjoy it and you will have fun! Memories to last a lifetime...seriously.
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 23, 2010, 09:26:26 PM »
Correction:  I do not work at the city, only live there!   ;D  I will be there probably the 18th-20th, often wearing a black Dogpatch USA ball cap.

I'll be there sometime around then - incognito.  I like to blend into the crowd (well as much as a person with a Nikon camera taking pictures of everything can)
SWOOSH