Author Topic: Branson Zipline  (Read 4543 times)

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
Branson Zipline
« on: January 27, 2010, 06:20:54 PM »
From today's Branson Courier:

Eco-Adventure Coming to Branson, Missouri  http://www.bransonzipline.com/

by [ http://www.bransoncourier.com/edited-releases/ ]Press Release edited by Gary J. Groman a.k.a. The Ole Seagull
published: Jan 26, 2010

Branson tourism will have yet another exciting attraction when Branson Zipline and Canopy Tour, now under construction in Branson opens this spring. Construction of the platforms for the new Eco-Adventure is ahead of schedule.  Branson’s newest attraction, conveniently located on Highway 65 only seven miles north of downtown Branson, will introduce visitors to a unique form of outdoor entertainment. “This is a completely different experience,” points out General Manager Emma Hamilton, “and there is no other attraction that comes close to combining ecology and adventure in a fun activity that is both exciting and safe for people of all ages.”

Using a system that originated in the jungles of Costa Rica, the Branson Zipline and Canopy Tour will allow guests to soar in the Ozark Mountains.  As visitors “zip” from observation platform to platform, through and over the trees, certified guides will accompany participants pointing out unique topographical and historical features of the Ozarks.  Certification for the guides will be provided by the Association for Challenge Course Technology (ACCT), as will be the accreditation for the courses themselves.

At opening visitors will be able to experience the Ozarks Xplorer Canopy Tour® a two and a half hour, interactive tour which will feature a variety of zip lines, walkways and platforms; and the Blue Streak Fast Line®, a thrilling one-stop ride from the top of the property to the base.  Hamilton adds, “Visitors will be able to experience the Ozark Outdoors through all the seasons, as we run year round…only pausing for lightning.” The Branson Zipline & Canopy Tour is the only facility of its kind in the region. “We can take up to 12 people at a time on each tour, so there is a very limited capacity.” she stated.

Eco-Adventures powers the current ziplines at Dollywood. http://www.dollywood.com/land/skyzip/home.html.
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

marolinesdad

• Conductor
    • View Profile
Re: Branson Zipline
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2010, 07:44:10 AM »
Well.....  I'm too fat fot that.
“May there always be a Silver Dollar City.” – Paul Harvey

sdcforever

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2010, 08:18:01 AM »
That's very interesting.  I wonder how HFE feels about this?  I'm sure they were considering installing a zipline at SDC, especially since there already is one at DW.  No doubt the Branson Zipline will provide better scenic views than any they could install at SDC.

Firstvisit1967

• McCoy
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2010, 08:30:05 AM »
That is a great area for that attraction.  The woods are thick and the hills are rough.  I hope it goes well.

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2010, 08:30:48 AM »
DW is $40+tax per person, and I am guessing that Branson would be pretty steep as well.Granted, I would like to experience it, but it would more than likely cost me much more since while I was riding the zip line, the wife would be out shopping!

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2010, 08:36:47 AM »
I don't know if this has been posted yet...
http://www.bransonzipline.com/

Prices are in fact pretty steep to me...Maybe not you!

stlphotogal

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2010, 01:10:50 PM »
DW is $40+tax per person, and I am guessing that Branson would be pretty steep as well.Granted, I would like to experience it, but it would more than likely cost me much more since while I was riding the zip line, the wife would be out shopping!

Not too sure K would agree  ;)

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2010, 05:47:37 PM »
I like how they keep touting it as an "Eco-Adventure" when they've destroyed so much wildlife and land to build this thing. Nothing unusual for Branson though. I guess some of the towers are actually out in the woods, but they still had to destroy a hillside to build the starting area... http://www.bransonziplineblog.com/media/

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2010, 08:56:29 PM »
I suppose more people will be attracted to this due to the thrill factor rather than the ecology factor.  Perhaps the trade-out will be that those thrill-seekers will find something to appreciate about the nature surrounding them.  I notice they had to get outside of Branson to find a place natural enough for this venture.  I'm also glad to see it's outside of SDC.
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating