Author Topic: Mutton Hollow  (Read 7701 times)

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
Mutton Hollow
« on: January 25, 2010, 08:45:02 AM »
Before Celebration City, Before Branson USA, there was Mutton Hollow. It was a small arts and crafts village tucked away on heavily wooded property just off Highway 76 in the shadow of Dewey Bald Mountain. If you check out my Flickr photostream, I've added three ads for Mutton Hollow from the  Ozarks Mountaineer magazine. The ads are from 1972, 1976, and 1980. The ad from 1980 shows an illustration of the entire "village." If you look closely, you will see a building in two of the ads that has a roof shaped like a barn roof. That was Amanda's, and it became the magic shop at Celebration City. The only other building incorporated into Celebration City was known in the Mutton Hollow days as Sammy's Cabin, and it served as a restaurant. I cannot remember what it was used for at CC, but it seems it may have been used only by employees of the park, perhaps as a service building. I think all the other Mutton Hollow buildings were torn down. Maybe somebody more familiar with CC and Branson USA can add more to this. Hope you like the new images on Flickr!    Find my photostream here:    http://www.flickr.com/photos/juniordugan   
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
Re: Mutton Hollow
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2010, 04:35:45 PM »
Amanda's became the Toy Store, not the Magic Shop.
SWOOSH

sdcforever

Re: Mutton Hollow
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2010, 05:38:19 PM »
Thanks for the new Mutton Hollow images!  They bring back a lot of memories.