Author Topic: Junior says Howdy!  (Read 3668 times)

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
Junior says Howdy!
« on: January 07, 2010, 09:02:16 PM »
"Howdy there, folks! My name is Junior Dugan and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!" I played Junior Dugan at the diving bell from 1979-1984, and would love to respond to those on this site that have an interest in the old attraction. As a former "insider" I can answer most all of your questions about the diving bell. I worked with Terry Sanders and Bob Nichols, both are now prominent Branson entertainers. I also worked at the Jim Owens' Float Trip Ride in '79, and worked with OLD GUY when he did the puppet show at the Vineyard in the late '70's! I've had a chance to visit this site as a guest since it went online in '07, but until now I did not have the chance to become a member. I hope to post a lot of old photos from my scrapbook on this site, if anyone is interested. Lots of shots of SDC in the 1970's and 1980's. So Howdy to all at SDC Fans, and I hope to "chat" with you from time to time! Respond to my postings and I will get back to you within a few days, I usually check this website three or four times a week.
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

sdcforever

Re: Junior says Howdy!
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2010, 09:47:21 PM »
Welcome Junior! :)  I, for one, am looking forward to reading more of your SDC/theme park/Branson memories, and am definitely looking forward to seeing your old scrapbook SDC photos.

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2010, 01:02:01 AM »
Ditto!
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

KBCraig

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2010, 03:09:36 AM »
Yeah, what they said! (Especially the photos!)

Joy

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2010, 03:17:50 AM »
Welcome!!!

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2010, 03:56:20 PM »
I'm sorry everyone.  I've had to delete Junior's account.
Wouldn't you guys string me up if I was serious about that?  

Junior, you may be the new best love on the site, as the DB is perhaps the greatest non-human loss SDC has ever suffered.  Now, bring out the treasures; I know rubedugans would probably buy all of it from you at a high price.  Don't ever let him know where you live.

By the way, we often upload photos and scans to flickr or Photobucket and then link the images to SDCFans.  shavethewhales could also stick some photo groups and articles on the main site if you email him.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2010, 03:57:00 PM by History Buff »
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2010, 05:56:54 PM »
Uh...wow...what flattery! Hey, thanks! Unfortunately I currently am involved in a career that is not is as simple as taking a few dips in the lake in my submarine and then calling it a day. So it will be a few days before I can take a lot of time to post some photos. I've already dug a few out of my scrapbook and loaded them into the home computer, so some interesting shots will follow in a few days. I've got two interesting shots of the lake sub I know everyone will like, plus lots of pictures of some of us former employees at the ride. In the meantime, how about some more line entertainment jokes? This joke was used on and off from 1980-1983:   JUNIOR: Folks I was a comin' into town today and saw me a dead hog a hangin' from a tree! Yeah, I couldn't believe it! A dead hog a hangin' from a tree! (Sadly) I guess it was suey-cide!  I swear to you this material was a lot funnier coming from a ninteen year old kid dressed in knee high rubber boots and wearing a Greek fisherman's cap! Anything I post hear is a shadow compaired to the way the material went over standing in the hot summer sun next to Lake Silver. God Bless!
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2010, 10:04:32 PM »
Oh HB stop you'll make me blush :D I have already talked with Junior on some things that are going on.I was put into contact with him probably 3 weeks ago and we talked over some memorabilia, and believe me Junior is a great asset to the site. I am also anxious to see what gems he has! With my nearly 600 items (of which maybe 100-150 have been shared) it looks as if 2010 will be a good year for this site! I have posted several of my Rube items to the Rube Dugans thread (back on page 1-2, and a few new coloring book images on pg 4-5)
http://sdcfans.com/forums/index.php?topic=550.msg11057#new
, with about 5-6 more images in my collection that I am saving for a rainy day, I am almost done with my Rube items...Hey Junior GET GOING!!!! ;D
« Last Edit: January 11, 2010, 01:16:22 PM by rubedugans »