Author Topic: Hee Haw Theater  (Read 26322 times)

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
Re: Hee Haw Theater
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2011, 09:57:06 PM »
does look like fun, the auto exhibit looks interesting too.

bobber620

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2011, 09:27:13 AM »
I too saw the Hager Twins . We ( My mom and three brothers)were even able to get a picture with them, while they were autoghaphing pictures for other guests. Now if I can just find them I'll try to post them.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2011, 03:59:13 PM by bobber620 »
KANSAS CERTIFIED EMT, AND FRIEND TO THE PARK FOREVER

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2011, 10:51:54 AM »
Bobber: Please do. The three years that theater existed I saw hundreds of photos taken, but have never run across anything posted on the Internet about the theater, photos/videos of the stars, or much else. The theater existed for but a brief moment in time, and so I guess that is why I haven't seen much of anything on it over the years.
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

bobber620

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2011, 11:34:38 AM »
I will do my best I'll have to go tearing into my mom and dads old family pics but i'll  try my best. I want to say that the pics where probably taken in year two of the theaters operation. I want to say that i was about 8 or 9 years old at the time but , I might be off on that as I can't remember the years it was open, but I'm 36 years old now and I want to say that I remember it being open as Hee Haw the next year that we were down but the following year it was either closed or already The Mikey Gilley theater before it caught on fire and the current theater was built.  The pic of all of us was actually taken in, I believe the gift shop area, they had a small desk set up were the celebrates could sign autographs insted of down in the stage area. We actually got two autographed pics signed, one for my brother and one for an uncle. I'll try to get a pic of those too.

okiebluegrass

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2011, 11:35:53 AM »
I have been doing a lot of research on Hee Haw. Both of the Hager Twins are dead now. Jim died of heart failure in 2008 and Jon died in his sleep in 2009

Junior

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 13, 2011, 04:20:40 PM »
Bobber, you have a good memory. The stars signed autographs in the gift shop at the check out counter. Love to see the photos, and any of SDC from that time period if you find them.
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 13, 2011, 06:31:32 PM »
I would also like to see some pics of that..

Junior

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 13, 2011, 08:49:19 PM »
Go to my Flickr site, and all the way back to the last couple of pages to see many photos of Hee Haw Theater. There are some newly posted photos on page 1, too. I actually have many other photos of Hee Haw Theater but just have not posted them because I've tried to emphasize my SDC stuff.

bobber620

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 16, 2011, 10:25:35 AM »
Ok I raided the old family photos and came up with some pics from the old Hee Haw Theater. I just set up my flickr account so I hope this works. Here is my flickr account info so enjoy.http://www.flickr.com/photos/robertburton620/
« Last Edit: May 16, 2011, 05:40:20 PM by bobber620 »

Junior

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 16, 2011, 04:42:08 PM »
Bobber, there is a problem with the flickr address listed above. After you post the address, go back into your post and run your mouse over the address to see if it changes color, then click on it. It should bring the site right up. I tried typing in the account number on my search engine, and it did not work either. I'm looking forward to seeing your photos!

bobber620

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 16, 2011, 05:27:20 PM »
I think I got it try it now  :) I didn't add it as a hyperlink i had just typed it in normally. I'm still a bit new at all of this fourm stuff, but i'm getting there. LOL
« Last Edit: May 16, 2011, 05:44:52 PM by bobber620 »

Junior

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 17, 2011, 09:55:05 AM »
Bobber, I can't thank you enough for posting those Hee Haw Theater pictures! From what I see, the photos were taken in the 1983, and last, season of the theater. In the photo of the outside of the theater you will notice to the extreme left the silver car. That is MY CAR, a 1975 Ford LTD! That is where I parked every night. The comedian pictured on stage is ERNEST T...otherwise known as Jack McDowell. At the time the photo was taken, Jack was the deputy sheriff at SDC during the day. In 1984, he began a long stint as MERCY PURVIS at Echo Hollow at SDC. Most people that are here at SDCFans. will remember him from there. Jack currently works at the Titanic Exhibit in Branson. He is a wonderful fellow, and was always fun to work with. Of course the stars at Hee Haw in your photos are The Hager Twins. They appeared on a regular basis at the theater the three years it existed. Also wonderful to see the shot of the gift shop. I well remember those stuffed animals and caps, and so on in the gift shop. So I was there working at the theater the night your family came to see a show. I was the guy behind the concession stand, making popcorn and pouring Cokes at the fountain machine. However, I'm sure you would not remember THAT guy! Of the photos of your family with the Hagers in the gift shop, which one is you? It's OK, you can confess here!  Thanks again, and if your mom and dad have any more Branson vacation photos from that time...any more Hee Haw stuff or SDC stuff, please post it here!  ;D

adairmd

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 17, 2011, 03:32:32 PM »
Awesome pictures Bobber!  Who knows, I may have been at that show to.  I remember seeing the Hager twins on a visit, but have no idea what year it was.  Thanks for the pictures!

bobber620

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 17, 2011, 03:51:12 PM »
Your welcome. Junior I am the one in front in the middle wearing the yellow shirt. Based on your estimate of the time period I should be about 8 or 9 years old. I think that they have more pics of either the Baldnobbers or the Presleys show I'll have to look again and I know they have a few of Dog Patch too. I'll try to get them as well. I did have some pics of the "City" posted on here before but the admin. had to pull some of them because someone complained that they saw themselves in the pics and had not given permission to use their image. So to keep from having legal issues he asked if he could pull them until he found out which ones were the culprits and said he would repost the others when he had a chance. So far they haven't shown back up but I know that he has been working on upgrading the site so I'm not too concerned.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2011, 03:53:21 PM by bobber620 »

Captain_Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 23, 2012, 11:44:41 AM »
Just checking in.   :)

:) joe
I'm just as useless as I ever was...   :)