Author Topic: Jessie James Territory  (Read 35787 times)

tiffanylynnt

• Conductor
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook. Add me as a friend, just let me know you're from SDCFans!
Re: Jessie James Territory
« Reply #45 on: September 04, 2012, 03:39:52 PM »
I live between Stanton and Sullivan. I completely forgot to ask if any of my family remembers it.
Who knows what the people in this town are thinking, especially when making a website. That's probably why there isn't any mention of it. (You'd have to meet some of the people from here...)
"They don't hit nothin' though... They're New York Yankees." - Alfie Bolin

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 04, 2012, 05:16:24 PM »
Tiff, I have relatives who live there. Have not seen them in years. They used to live on Eucilid Street in Sullivan. The older ones have passed on, I'm sure. The others are scattered around the area. I never got the impresesion that the town was all that progressive, but, like I said, I have not been there in years so I don't know much about it now.
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 04, 2012, 09:48:55 PM »
I have a friend from college who lives and teaches in Sullivan (he actually commuted to college in St Louis daily) and a buddy who owns a house between the tee pees and the wax museum (you would know them if you drove that way!) and he drove daily out to st charles where we work 45 min each way every day.

I'll check with them and see what they know.

Junior

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 05, 2012, 08:00:12 PM »
Thanks to both of you for looking into this. I have searched the Internet and just always fall short on any mentions of JJT anywhere.
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

tiffanylynnt

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 05, 2012, 11:06:00 PM »
I have a friend from college who lives and teaches in Sullivan (he actually commuted to college in St Louis daily) and a buddy who owns a house between the tee pees and the wax museum (you would know them if you drove that way!)

The Indians with satellite tv? Lol

Junior

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 30, 2012, 08:23:12 AM »
Great find on the Internet today! Home movie of Jesse James Territory:   www.youtube.com/watch?v=g49ALO8bGnM
If the link does not work, try typing in "Jesse James Territory facebook" at You Tube, and it will pop right up. Video is a little over 3 minutes long. When they show the scene of Boot Hill Cemetery, look close, it appears they have a headstone for Henry Blow...the Marvel Cave guy, who is buried in St. Louis! The little miniature train, old red barn, ticket gate with buses in front of it, and the old church and western street are just like I remember. The hanging gallows, the works...somebody did a pretty good job of capturing this defunct park on home movies in the late 60s!
« Last Edit: November 30, 2012, 08:31:56 AM by Junior »

KBCraig

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 01, 2012, 01:20:08 PM »
Great find on the Internet today! Home movie of Jesse James Territory:   www.youtube.com/watch?v=g49ALO8bGnM
If the link does not work, try typing in "Jesse James Territory facebook" at You Tube, and it will pop right up.

That's odd. The link doesn't work directly, but the search term returns the same video, which does work.

Great find!

tiffanylynnt

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 04, 2013, 12:23:56 AM »
I am so glad you found this! Just made my night :-)

tiffanylynnt

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 28, 2014, 12:19:50 AM »

My mom and I found this picture on Facebook in a group page for people from Sullivan, Mo.

Junior

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 28, 2014, 03:56:03 PM »
Pretty cool, Tiff! Anyway to get a copy of that brochure? I'd love to have one! There is so little about JJT available, and few around Sullivan remember it...however, it was a pretty cool place...but a second rate, maybe even third rate attraction when compared to SDC. A nice roadside attraction for it's day. I have fond childhood memories of the place, and, as mentioned, my cousin worked there as the undertaker in the street troupe.
---
Just for fun, three items currently on sale on ebay from Jesse James Territory:  http://www.flickr.com/photos/juniordugan   
« Last Edit: January 28, 2014, 04:07:55 PM by Junior »

tiffanylynnt

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 30, 2014, 05:31:41 PM »
I'm not sure who posted that picture on Facebook because it was shared on that page so many times thru different people, I'm not sure who originally posted it.

jessejammes

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 11, 2020, 04:56:05 AM »
...not sure if anyone is still here or not but - I remember riding on the motorcycle with my dad, exploring around where we lived in Woodland Heights, the little triangle subdivision just west of WW.  There used to be an entrance just a couple hundred feet north of WW with a big two story house at the entrance.  I remember it was abandoned but the old railroad ties where still very evident and n the ground.  We followed the path and came around to one of the old stage houses.  The boarding area roof was still there but had fallen straight down and I could just walk under it at about 5 years old in 1982.  The coolest part was coming up on the old steam engine and one of the train cars.  The whole engine was abandoned out in the woods and it was just about the coolest thing I can remember, finding a steam engine in the woods.  I could get an aerial view and draw a boarder around exactly where the property is.  I’ve looked at it and nothing is left at all except *maybe the strip of concrete that was the sidewalks of the boarding area.  It’s in the right place but I haven’t verified it’s not just a ditch or something now with my own eyes.  Maybe I’ll see if I can get over there next time I drive by and snap a pic.