Author Topic: The Official Debate Thread! (Another official thread by Coaster)  (Read 32058 times)

sdcfan17

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
Re: The Official Debate Thread! (Another official thread by Coaster)
« Reply #75 on: October 06, 2007, 08:02:24 AM »
I just call it the shoot out ride ;D
Silver Dollar City Rocks!!!!

Tom

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 06, 2007, 09:50:00 AM »
As I read this thread, I keep thinking of a ride like Dark Knight.  The only problem is that we've already got Fire in the Hole. The more I think about it, the combination of the Shootout and Fire in the Hole really blocks SDC from developing a new dark ride.  We've got every dark ride that I can think of.  Even a wild mouse in a dark would be dumb compared to Fire in the Hole. Out of all the ideas, I think that the Dairy store development is the most refreshing for SDC. 
An Ice Slide or something along that concept may be another smart concept for the park.  Back in the 80s, there were several tobogan coasters around.  There was one in Nashville and there is still one in Dallas.  Perhaps that could work.

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #77 on: October 06, 2007, 07:35:55 PM »
^Ah yes, the ice house concept was so wildly popular just a couple of years ago, espcecially when everyone thought a B&M invert was going to be part of it.

I wonder if we will see a B&M invert at SDC any time soon. I mean, it's kinda away from their current strategy of targeting young families, but of all the coasters I would want built at SDC, a B&M invert would be at the top, above even a wooden coaster.
Maybe someday...

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
  • Resident Twenty-Something Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 07, 2007, 08:51:47 AM »
If SDC were going to get an invert I would want it like Patriot at WOF. Patriot is smooth and really fun. Although a short ride, it is a blast. And we all know SDC's would turn out better.  ;D
"May there always be a Silver Dollar City..."

Joy

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 07, 2007, 11:14:34 AM »
I've always had this idea of an invert being themed to where the riders are going in and out of a cave/mine from the perspective of a bat. Besides the explosives theme of Powderkeg, they haven't really done anything highlighting how important bats were to Marmaros, seeing as how it was their guano that they mined for nitro.

I think a coaster with tunnels is something that would be awesome at SDC; the only outdoor coaster right now with a tunnel is Thunderation.

~ "Becky" Joy ~

Tom

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 08, 2007, 08:50:42 AM »
Being that I am a coaster enthuistist, this may sound a little odd for me to be saying, but if SDC builds an inverted coaster,I hope that it is specialized over being big and thrilling.    They do such a great job.

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 08, 2007, 09:18:55 PM »
I've always had this idea of an invert being themed to where the riders are going in and out of a cave/mine from the perspective of a bat. Besides the explosives theme of Powderkeg, they haven't really done anything highlighting how important bats were to Marmaros, seeing as how it was their guano that they mined for nitro.

I think a coaster with tunnels is something that would be awesome at SDC; the only outdoor coaster right now with a tunnel is Thunderation.

~ "Becky" Joy ~

Hmm....sounds cheesy. But SDC could make it extra thrilling and interesting. And tunnels are pretty rad.

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #82 on: October 08, 2007, 09:23:22 PM »
^Aside from the bat theme, which would be a harder one to pull off comparatively, I don't think anything with loads of tunnels is a bad idea at all. In fact, I'm really hoping that the next coaster has a few, as SDC doesn't seem to have incorporated any other than the one on ThuNderaTion. Mmmmm, a boulder dash with tunnels...

As far as inverted coasters go, it would be interesting to see if they could build it into a hill or pit like Nemesis. It wouldn't be as environmentally friendly, but they're already filling in gorge's and everything.

Copper

• Global Moderator
  • Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 09, 2007, 10:41:16 AM »
I always pictured a cave themed coaster. An inverted would be cool. There are some great themeing opportunities with that. The trains alone would be fun to theme; beat up      back packs on the back of each seat, the seat harness would be considered a back pack. Lots of tunnels would be cool. Name could be something like Spelunk??? I know some cavers hate to be called Spelunkers, not sure if the name would work or not.

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 16, 2007, 07:32:27 PM »
Check out Debate 4.

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #85 on: October 16, 2007, 07:57:29 PM »
I'm really beginning to think we should just do separate threads for these. Other than having a big messy thread, it's easier to talk about multiple things at once, or come back to a previous conversation.

Anyway though, I don't think CC has anything to offer in the wintertime, especially seeing as that's SDC's prime time. CC needs to concentrate on going back to that late night summer fun fantasy it was originally planned to be.

Joy

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 16, 2007, 11:24:34 PM »
Yeah, Celebration City wouldn't have anything that SDC doesn't have; and the colder it gets, the fewer rides that will be able to run, and therefore CC just wouldn't have much of anything to offer.

So, no, I think CC's current schedule is okay (except that I still think it needs to stay open later at night).

~ "Becky" Joy ~

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 17, 2007, 09:30:36 PM »
But they could do all the things SDC does...so why not?

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #88 on: October 17, 2007, 10:34:46 PM »
They couldn't do any of the things SDC does. Besides, I don't even know if any of CC's rides besides OzCat would work in the cold.

The cannibalization of SDC's gate has gone far enough, and the Herschends know it. CC has to be an entirely different animal, attraction a somewhat different kind of crowd in different ways for it to survive. Otherwise, the park won't make it past a decade - at least as a theme park.