Author Topic: The Official Debate Thread! (Another official thread by Coaster)  (Read 32323 times)

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
Re: The Official Debate Thread! (Another official thread by Coaster)
« Reply #60 on: October 03, 2007, 07:33:39 PM »
^Especially seeing as it would fit in so well with Powderkeg, as PK is themed to a mine more-or-less. Hell, PK even has its own shot tower already.

Yeah, I could definitely see the old shot tower plans come back to life within the next few years.

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
  • Resident Twenty-Something Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 03, 2007, 07:44:11 PM »
Haha, yes. It would be the second shot tower at SDC. Would they get a mansion rehab and a new flat ride in the same year, or would it go over their budget?
"May there always be a Silver Dollar City..."

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #62 on: October 03, 2007, 07:51:41 PM »
^Seeing as they have $6-8 million to work with, and a mansion re-hab would only take a few hundred thousand at most, no. I still am wary of any new flat rumors for this year though. I mean, I know the Herschend have really bought into the ride craze during this decade, but I think they're feeling the backlash now with so many older visitors screaming for something new for them. I mean, like I said before, the shoppers and general park-goers are still a much larger draw for SDC than young families or thrill seekers.

Hopefully they'll hint at or announce something this month, because I'm really clueless at this point as to what they'll end up doing, but there's so much potential...

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 03, 2007, 08:03:34 PM »
I loved the Giant Swing. I think flat rides work really well. I like old people also though.

sdcfan17

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 03, 2007, 08:35:46 PM »
but, my grandparents also like to ride rides they still ride everything in the park and there liek 67, 68 and my great grandma still rides them too and shes 87!!!!
Silver Dollar City Rocks!!!!

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #65 on: October 03, 2007, 09:27:46 PM »
^What a family... :D

Joy

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 03, 2007, 11:58:04 PM »
I hope I'm that resilient at 87!

I think it'd be cool if they added another attraction that can have people of any age ride it, like how the Flooded Mine is. Too bad they don't seem interested in bringing back the Diving Bell any time soon...

~ "Becky" Joy ~

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #67 on: October 04, 2007, 08:43:38 PM »
^That kind of attraction really is what SDC is hungry for. I mean really, you just can't go wrong with something like the Lost River, which is thrilling enough for guys like me to enjoy, let easy enough for even the fogies to ride. That's why there's a good chance we'll be getting our own Beaver Battle like DW soon, probably as soon as 2010.

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 04, 2007, 09:23:28 PM »
I don't want a freaking splash battle. I want a flat ride and a mansion rehab. Splash battle would take up way too much land if you ask me.

Joy

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 04, 2007, 10:01:45 PM »
I think a haunted mine dark ride in the vein of Disney's Haunted Mansion would be cool and something that all ages could enjoy.

~ "Becky" Joy ~

Copper

• Global Moderator
  • Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 05, 2007, 12:14:11 AM »
I think one of the best things about SDC is there is so much to do. It is not just rides, not just shops, not just craftspeople, not just shows it is all this and more.

Since this is debate thread, I am not saying do this, but what if they did remodel the Flooded Mine to be a haunted mine ride. Filled with better animatronics and special effects?

Joy

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 05, 2007, 12:52:14 AM »
That'd be kinda cool, though I'd prefer they built an all-new ride that's tracked and preserve the Flooded Mine as it is now.

I think there can believably be two mine rides in that vein since the Flooded Mine's story is about a mine where prisoner's work, whereas another one could be about a different mine that's haunted. Since SDC/Marmaros is a mining town, you really can't have too many mine-themed rides.

~ "Becky" Joy ~

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #72 on: October 05, 2007, 03:39:20 PM »
^I agree with Tinaalsgirl, though business-wise it would make more sense to just re-make the Flooded Mine. Hey, isn't the Flooded Mine supposed to be named 'Great American Shoot-out' or something like that? I had heard that the Flooded Mine was the name of the ride before the upgrade that brought the guns and targets, but no one would accept the new name.

Quite a few parks have multiple dark ride/ ride-through attractions though, and SDC has enough themes to fit 2 dozen of them.

Joy

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 05, 2007, 05:01:20 PM »
The full title of the mine ride is "The Great Shoot-out at the Flooded Mine".

I think a dark ride would be a perfect addition to bring in soon so that the older folks (and pregnant people, like my sister) can have more rides they can enjoy.

~ "Becky" Joy ~

Copper

• Global Moderator
  • Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 05, 2007, 10:51:30 PM »
Yes, SDC is a mining town, so you can never have too many mine themed rides. I just know the Flooded Mine has lower attendance then what they would like and thought this could be a way to improve it.

Oh and yes, I like the name the flooded mine. shoot-out isn't bad, but whatever.