Author Topic: SDC's 2011 Project  (Read 340026 times)

Ozark Outlaw

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I am on Facebook. :)
Re: SDC's 2011 Project
« Reply #645 on: October 24, 2010, 07:16:22 PM »
A smaller version of the "Hollar" for kids is going in by the depot;possibly 2 former rides will re-surface next spring...

That's probably one of the more accurate responses around here in a while. Another small children's area, and the perhaps the old balloon ride, and/or the old carousal returning sounds right on the money. :)

bthomas

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: October 24, 2010, 08:54:26 PM »
Like I've always said, there's no money left for SDC for 2011.  It all went elsewhere.  It's going to be a simple addition on the cheap with rehashed rides.  Everyone in-charge should be ashamed.  I guess they think we should be satisfied with them throwing us a bone every 4 or 5 years.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: October 24, 2010, 09:11:02 PM »
ok people. i failed u all today...checked trhe boarded up area today. NO action there yet...  i checked by WB on the walkway and rode the train twice... NOTHINg there, no flags, no fresh gravel.], NOTHING>>   talked to probably 20 citizens, nobody is saying anything..I had one person indicated kids play area, but NO details..  supposedly will be announce 11-6 in a mailer promoting 2011 and christmas this year.. SORRY!!!!  i tried :'(

BackInTime

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: October 24, 2010, 09:21:18 PM »
There were visible markers in the old WB area as of two weeks ago, but they are very hard to see due to the relatively dense overgrowth in that area. Nothing telling, but they are some there. I know HFEC still has time to pull the proverbial rabbit out of the hat, but I'm not overly optimistic we're going to be thrilled about any upcoming news regarding anything new for 2011. It's going to be such a let down if all we can look forward to are a couple of refurbed rides. Sure, the economy has been unforgiving, but I would be willing to bet HFEC is still seeing profits at SDC. And if DW continues to get new attractions, we should, too.

haytater

• Jr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: October 24, 2010, 09:47:14 PM »
I am so confused right now.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: October 24, 2010, 09:50:55 PM »
i know the feeling, and i was there today...... ???

Parson B Ready

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: October 24, 2010, 09:57:58 PM »
I know it wouldn't be the greatest for us, But my younger kids would be ecstatic if they brought the balloons back!

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #652 on: October 24, 2010, 10:17:09 PM »
It's going to be such a let down if all we can look forward to are a couple of refurbed rides. Sure, the economy has been unforgiving, but I would be willing to bet HFEC is still seeing profits at SDC. And if DW continues to get new attractions, we should, too.

I don't see how it would be a let down. A couple of extra family attractions, albeit old ones, and a new playground will really add to the park and further boost the family appeal. We all loved the old Landing area, and now they're bringing it back in a new way for future generations to enjoy.

I mean, I'm just happy that they're expanding the park again after all that has had to be torn down over the last couple of years.

Nate65807

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: October 24, 2010, 10:29:53 PM »
While I have difficulty understanding how SDC is struggling financially, I agree that bringing back the playgrounds and balloon rides will make me happy.

Between PK, WF, and Thunderation, we have enough coasters. The fact that SDC is not JUST rides is what makes it better than Six Flags and Worlds of Fun:)
Nate
"I'm not an extraordinary man. But when I put my mind to it,
I'm like Hercules meets Michael Bolton. I can go the distance"

Ozark Outlaw

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I am on Facebook. :)
« Reply #654 on: October 24, 2010, 10:51:08 PM »
I am just shocked by one, or two of the people around here that practically demand that a new major attraction should be built every single year.

There is another major attraction coming down the pipeline, but it won’t debut in the Spring of 2011. Additions are nice, and new smaller attractions are always welcomed. Why must we have a new major rollercoaster, or major thrill ride, or major attraction put in every single year? They just opened River Blast this year for goodness sakes! :P Heaven forbid after Wildfire, Buzzsaw Falls, Powder Keg, The Giant Swing, the Grand Exposition, the fancy Culinary School, and River Blast that Silver Dollar City could take a year off from putting in a major attraction.

There is concrete evidence of development over by the Train Station. Whether big, or small, I support it.  :)
« Last Edit: October 24, 2010, 10:53:20 PM by Ozark BBQ »

Joy

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: October 24, 2010, 11:49:18 PM »
I am THRILLED about what seems to be coming next year. With a two-and-a-half year old niece, I'm excited to think that there'll be more for her to do. And I am hoping beyond all hope that the balloons do indeed come back. I want to introduce her to them!

Makayna

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: October 25, 2010, 12:09:21 AM »
Who cares if it's a big coaster or not?  They can't build new, exciting rides EVERY year!!!  What park does that?!  And if they do, then they probably charge, oh, $80 just for a one day ticket! ;)

Personally, a new ride every 2-3 years, and other new additions, say a kids' ride here or there, even if it's a refurbished ride, is better than nothing, and I'm glad to see that SDC is being proactive about refurbishing and/or doing away with rides that need a little (or a lot) of attention in an effort to make the park better and bring rides/attractions that the majority of park-goers want to see.

Nate65807

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: October 25, 2010, 12:50:50 AM »
Something doesn't have to be thrilling or expensive to be great. Sometimes bringing back something retro/nostalgic is cool too. I am sure that there are at least 2 or 3 people on here who would be thrilled if SDC restored a few green trams and brought them back into service ;D Even if they had to order some new ones, it would still bring people happiness without costing half a million dollars.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2010, 12:51:33 AM by Nate65807 »
Nate
"I'm not an extraordinary man. But when I put my mind to it,
I'm like Hercules meets Michael Bolton. I can go the distance"

Joy

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: October 25, 2010, 01:35:10 AM »
Maybe they could give the new white trams a paintjob?

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: October 25, 2010, 07:01:17 AM »
Well last nite after the GAC show I would have PAID for a tram ride from echo hollow to parking area!!!!!  LOL  LOL