Author Topic: SDC's 2011 Project  (Read 337246 times)

MissinTheGreenTrams

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
Re: SDC's 2011 Project
« Reply #630 on: October 22, 2010, 06:47:25 PM »
rumors make the time go by ya know. its like sittin on the virtual front porch whittlin and shuckin corn. Its great. It is such a small community, so if one person starts somethin its the whole community chiming in. If one run naked then the whole town knows.
The smell of asphalt and butane says home!

Nate65807

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: October 22, 2010, 08:03:49 PM »
Rumors provide entertainment and inspire critical thinking. You get to take something and decide if you think it is likely to be true or false. It is also more entertaining to debate than to agree.
Nate
"I'm not an extraordinary man. But when I put my mind to it,
I'm like Hercules meets Michael Bolton. I can go the distance"

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #632 on: October 22, 2010, 08:04:31 PM »
Rumors are good laughs.  ;D
SWOOSH

Copper

• Global Moderator
  • Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: October 22, 2010, 08:42:09 PM »
I was told that they are going to announce their plans tomorrow!

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #634 on: October 22, 2010, 09:14:17 PM »
Interesting that they would do it on a Saturday.

With College Gameday being in Columbia, it will be hard to get any quality press time (papers / tv) on anything local.  Tuesdays or Thursdays prove to be the best day to get good press coverage as there is little to cover on those days most of the time.

I guess I will stop and see what is going on on my Blackberry as I will be in Columbia all day tomorrow.  M-I-Z!!!
SWOOSH

Copper

• Global Moderator
  • Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: October 22, 2010, 09:17:42 PM »
My only thought is maybe they want to announce it to all of the people at the City that are here for fall break.  But who knows that is what they were saying today, it might change tomorrow, that is a big reason I don't post too much of this stuff on here.

BackInTime

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: October 22, 2010, 11:37:22 PM »
I work in the advertising industry and I can tell you with virtual certainty that information like all of the praise, complaints, ideas and general discussion that makes this site so fun are monitored by someone with HFEC or its marketing/research partners (if they don't handle this in-house). Regardless of how loose our thinking or conversations are here, they are worth their weight in gold to the people making critical decisions at HFEC. This site in its entirety is essentially an ongoing, free focus group providing regular and invaluable customer feedback on every aspect of the park. And while information shared here doesn't necessarily provide a consensus on anything, it does offer a feel for what's keeping, or could continue to keep, the pulse of the park going strong.

I wouldn't be surprised if there are registered members here who work for, or are closely affiliated with HFEC. I say this because in my line of work, we routinely leverage access to forums similar to this one for everything from target insight to nuggets of inspiration for new ideas.

So, folks, the moral of the story is, keep wishing, keep dreaming, keep complaining and keep posting anything on your mind about SDC. I guarantee the powers that be are watching and listening. And there's no such thing as a bad idea.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2010, 11:39:07 PM by BackInTime9 »

Makayna

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: October 22, 2010, 11:51:23 PM »
BackInTime, I completely agree with you.  On another forum that I moderate, people who work for the company that runs the game for which the forum is based are CONSTANTLY making accounts, giving suggestions, and contributing to conversations... but not as admin of the forum, but rather as regular members who are simply making suggestions and asking questions about the game.  I always thought it was funny because 1/2 the time, the regulars would tell that "newbie" that that's a stupid suggestion or all of the reasons why that couldn't be a part of the game... not knowing that they're talking to an IT person for the company!  ;D

So yes, I think it's 100% entirely probable that there are HFEC people on this forum making suggestions, gathering ideas, reading feedback, etc... to get an idea of what the general public would possibly think about new changes as well.  8)

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: October 23, 2010, 12:10:12 AM »
ok ok.  you think announcement will be made on sat. ???  well here i am 12:08 sat morning??  Nothing yet???   LOL,  just kidding!! ;D storming here and i got up to check radar and of course SDCfans.com!!    ;D

KBCraig

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: October 23, 2010, 03:31:14 PM »
It's going to be an ADA-compliant Adventure Mountain and zip line.  ;)

...still waiting for an ADA-compliant cave tour, too.

chadewb

• View Profile
« Reply #640 on: October 23, 2010, 04:33:07 PM »
The are putting a new water boggin up. They are also moving Oz cat to sdc too

MissinTheGreenTrams

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: October 23, 2010, 04:34:28 PM »
I can see that cave tour now.....ramps in the same design of stairs......whoops I accidently let go of auntie henrietta! Oh no someone catch her before she hits that rail! *Auntie goes flying over the rail with because of the sheer speed and force of the hit* AHHHHHHHHHHHHH! there goes silver dollar city.  :-\
The smell of asphalt and butane says home!

KBCraig

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: October 24, 2010, 05:02:02 PM »
I can see that cave tour now.....ramps in the same design of stairs......whoops I accidently let go of auntie henrietta! Oh no someone catch her before she hits that rail! *Auntie goes flying over the rail with because of the sheer speed and force of the hit* AHHHHHHHHHHHHH! there goes silver dollar city.  :-\

If they designed it right, like one of those coin vortexes you see at the mall, you could probably charge extra for wheelchair rentals!

dwfan

• McCoy
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: October 24, 2010, 06:08:10 PM »
So what do you guys think is definately in store for 2011?

tinmann620

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: October 24, 2010, 06:34:39 PM »
A smaller version of the "Hollar" for kids is going in by the depot;possibly 2 former rides will re-surface next spring...
RIP Chippewa Lake Park