Author Topic: SDC's 2011 Project  (Read 337280 times)

Copper

• Global Moderator
  • Blacksmith
    • View Profile
Re: SDC's 2011 Project
« Reply #570 on: October 20, 2010, 11:22:09 PM »
I did tell people to think of other locations... Also, remember that blueprints are not always set in stone, they can change.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #571 on: October 20, 2010, 11:26:18 PM »
I did tell people to think of other locations... Also, remember that blueprints are not always set in stone, they can change.

If you skim everything else that Copper has said, read the bolded part.
Also if you missed the photos of the new walls that have gone up...

Photos of the new work wall.
http://www.midwestinfoguide.com/silver/2010/oct20/
SWOOSH

Ozark Outlaw

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I am on Facebook. :)
« Reply #572 on: October 20, 2010, 11:54:58 PM »
Whoa! I was literally just at Silver Dollar City a few days ago. It's amazing how fast those walls went up. :o

Well this still doesn't answer what they plan to do with the Waterboggan Tower. However, these pictures definitely add a new twist in the speculations, and rumors. Nice catch.

BackInTime

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: October 21, 2010, 01:38:58 AM »
Thanks for sharing the pics, Swoosh. I'm still not biting though. If this "new location" is in fact the site of "the" 2011 project, why would HFEC specifically tell me WB was dismantled to make way for an "exciting adventure" in 2011? Who's to say we won't see a couple re-purposed rides added to the fenced area, as well as an entirely new attraction at the WB site in 2011? Heck, at this point, they could be adding a 300 ft. hyper coaster that towers over the entire park. Mass collusion I tell you.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: October 21, 2010, 03:13:46 AM »
i will be there sunday...  i am going on a scouting trip.. will see what else i can find.. flags? markers? other walls?   ok here we go again!

tinmann620

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: October 21, 2010, 07:15:20 AM »
Sad to see this wooded area to go under the knife; the underground utilities have been marked with flags, however, since at least Spring, I believe I pointed them out to Tinalsgirl on a trip?  The logical place for the balloons would be by Dr Harris' WF, so I'm thinking shot tower or Merry-go-round.   Hmmmnnnn....the guessing will continue
RIP Chippewa Lake Park

BackInTime

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: October 21, 2010, 09:27:50 AM »
For the sake of entertaining the fact that "something" could be going up around this new fenced area, can someone please give us an idea of how much usable space is actually there? With the exception of a shot tower type ride, would the footprint there offer enough space for any other real thrilling attraction? If this newer area is going to be home for some refurbished ride(s) in 2011, I certainly hope its announced in conjunction with a very major attraction coming our way for 2012...and that doesn't mean SDC's version of Adventure Mountain.

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #577 on: October 21, 2010, 10:44:15 AM »
Given how crowded that area is, I highly doubt anything with an extremely high draw will be put there. It's big enough to support a lot of things, but I'm hoping they keep any additions there somewhat small to preserve the woods around the swinging bridge. The carousel from CC would fit nicely there. I assume they'll re-vamp that whole square to look nice as well, and maybe handle the crowds better.

Hmm, now that I think of it, is it possible the swinging bridge is in danger of being taken out soon? It's another non-ADA attraction, and I'm sure it's considerably more expensive to maintain and insure than it's worth to the park.

Makayna

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: October 21, 2010, 11:27:13 AM »
Hmm, now that I think of it, is it possible the swinging bridge is in danger of being taken out soon? It's another non-ADA attraction, and I'm sure it's considerably more expensive to maintain and insure than it's worth to the park.

OMG! OMG! OMG! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!  :o

They CAN'T take the swinging bridge!!!!!  :'(

Nate65807

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: October 21, 2010, 11:32:26 AM »
Yes....don't take the Swinging Bridge. Not EVERYTHING has to be ADA compliant. If it was, stairs would not exist. We simply have to make an alternate route that is ADA-Compliant...which SDC has plenty of.

I will totally admit to jumping and running on that bridge too. What fun would it be if you didn't?
Nate
"I'm not an extraordinary man. But when I put my mind to it,
I'm like Hercules meets Michael Bolton. I can go the distance"

Makayna

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: October 21, 2010, 11:35:18 AM »
The running, jumping and horseplay on the bridge is probably the number one reason why they WOULD get rid of it (again, I hope that they don't).  It would be way too costly to put an attendant at the swinging bridge to ensure that nobody ran or jumped across; and yet it definitely is a potential for accidents (and subsequent lawsuits).  I can definitely see why they would... I just really hope they don't!

Ozark Outlaw

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I am on Facebook. :)
« Reply #581 on: October 21, 2010, 11:38:40 AM »
Don't panic! I already have my 'Save the Swinging Bridge' petition going! ;)

I am just teasing. However, how do we know for certain that this area is going to be a new ride at all? Perhaps, it will be a new store, or small interactive attraction? I'm just playing around with speculation.  :)

chadewb

• View Profile
« Reply #582 on: October 21, 2010, 12:30:49 PM »
I hope this is not going to be another shop. where its located I bet its going to be a resturant or a shop

Makayna

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: October 21, 2010, 12:42:48 PM »
I doubt it'll be another shop.  Restaurant, maybe; but they don't always have all of the restaurants that they DO have open on all days.  So, I have a hard time believing it's a restaurant.  Maybe another craftsman's station?  I agree that it doesn't seem like an ideal location for a ride, but a small ride might be OK there.  But I know from experience that the line for the train can sometimes go back as far as the start of that fence (especially during Christmas).  I think traffic in that area would be INSANE if they put a popular ride in there.  So, you're right... it's probably something else.  Maybe another outdoor theatre?
« Last Edit: October 21, 2010, 12:46:41 PM by Makayna »

Makayna

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: October 21, 2010, 12:51:29 PM »
On my way to the city now... armed with a camera! :D

Will post pics when I get home! ;)