Author Topic: SDC's 2011 Project  (Read 337426 times)

joshblakebran

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
Re: SDC's 2011 Project
« Reply #555 on: October 19, 2010, 07:00:25 PM »
Don't think you will see an Adventure Mountain any time soon st SDC. 
OOPS....I didn't mean adventure mountain, I meant half-dollar-hollar
Colorado SDC Fan

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #556 on: October 20, 2010, 01:28:17 PM »
FYI, for those that were wanting a clue on where the next "project" will be located... the park gave you a big clue today. Work walls have gone up since last weekend. I'll see if I can post photos of them tonight to MiG.  No graphics are on them yet but they are coming
SWOOSH

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: October 20, 2010, 04:22:11 PM »
72 hours! i will be headed down there..  be there ALL day sunday, and staying for the show.. will have camera in hand..  I will look like a real "tourist"

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #558 on: October 20, 2010, 04:49:01 PM »
That's exciting news! I assume the wall is around the waterboggin site? For anyone going anytime during the remainder of this year, we'd all appreciate if you could snap some photos and share them here. I'll be down there the weekend after Thanksgiving hopefully.

I assume an announcement is imminent.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: October 20, 2010, 04:53:56 PM »
Actually, no it's not around the WB area.... photos soon
« Last Edit: October 20, 2010, 11:04:06 PM by Swoosh »
SWOOSH

BackInTime

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: October 20, 2010, 09:29:15 PM »
Uh, okay. So where exactly is this new site? I'm not sure I understand the point of withholding info about something any of us could conceivably go to the park at any point right now and learn for ourselves? Problem is, many of us don't live close enough to SDC to be able to do that, so if you would be so kind, please enlighten us, Swoosh.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: October 20, 2010, 09:51:47 PM »
^BD be patient.  It's not like I live 5 hours away from the park or something... oh wait I do.

Photos from today of the new work wall.
http://www.midwestinfoguide.com/silver/2010/oct20/
SWOOSH

Makayna

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: October 20, 2010, 10:00:26 PM »
Uh, okay. So where exactly is this new site? I'm not sure I understand the point of withholding info about something any of us could conceivably go to the park at any point right now and learn for ourselves? Problem is, many of us don't live close enough to SDC to be able to do that, so if you would be so kind, please enlighten us, Swoosh.

I do believe he is getting great pleasure in torturing us. ;)

Because of this, I am now planning an impromptu trip to SDC for one reason and one reason only, and that is to find out where this mysterious new construction site is!  8) Swoosh, I certainly hope that we are not being misled simply for your amusement! ;)

Now granted, I AM a somewhat oblivious person, but I was at the park last weekend and I didn't see any area boarded off, but like I said, I'm not the most observant person on earth.  But, was it there last weekend?! ???  Either I am REEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAALLLY oblivious or it was in an area that I didn't go by last weekend.  So, I have my guesses as to where it is, but am not 100% sure.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: October 20, 2010, 10:02:33 PM »
No the walls are new.  They were not there last weekend.
If you look at the post above yours you will see a link to photos of the new walls
SWOOSH

Makayna

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: October 20, 2010, 10:07:50 PM »
No the walls are new.  They were not there last weekend.
If you look at the post above yours you will see a link to photos of the new walls

hmmmmmmmmm.  Very interesting location.

DianaGail

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: October 20, 2010, 10:19:21 PM »
Isn't that by the train station?  I'm trying to orient myself but I'm having a hard time.

Makayna

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: October 20, 2010, 10:23:31 PM »
Isn't that by the train station?  I'm trying to orient myself but I'm having a hard time.

I do believe so.

pintrader

« Reply #567 on: October 20, 2010, 10:26:14 PM »
I heard the carousel was coming back next year!  Maybe between the train depot and Becca's weaving?

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #568 on: October 20, 2010, 10:32:17 PM »
That would be a pretty good location for a carousel. What about Half-Dollar Holler though? I wonder if that's what's going there... perhaps both will make their way to the park this year?

Joy

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: October 20, 2010, 10:49:13 PM »
It's the smoking area by the train depot! That is definitely not one of the spots I was imagining them to utilize. I could totally see either the balloons or a carousel or something like that going in right there. It's just the right size of footprint.

I don't know about Half-Dollar Holler going there... The blueprints from the survey make it look a bit more spread out to fit there. I remember one of our members made a great overlay that showed how HDH looked settled just south of Powderkeg (with the PK exit line pointed out in the print). So either it could still fit over there and whatever's happening near the depot is an additional addition, or maybe they reworked HDH's design to fit somewhere other than where they'd initially thought to do it.