Author Topic: SDC's 2011 Project  (Read 339998 times)

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
Re: SDC's 2011 Project
« Reply #480 on: September 27, 2010, 04:04:18 PM »
FYI, I hate being told things, then being asked to keep my mouth shut, the 2 of you on here know who you are ;) Latest rumor mill, keep your eyes open on the area between Wildfire & Powderkeg...

Shhhhh!!!!
SWOOSH

BackInTime

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: September 28, 2010, 11:32:46 AM »
Cruel and USUAL punishment. I'll be in the city next weekend. You can bet your baldknobbin' behind I'm gonna fish for some concrete news.

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: September 28, 2010, 12:35:10 PM »
If they do connect the ends they will need to do some pathwork on the wildfire side.  Probably remove the American plunge line from the street and re route it through the old float trip station.
It would be a much needed link in the areas.
I wonder what they will do with the back of the water fall. I sure hope they have no
ideas of removing it.

Ozark Outlaw

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I am on Facebook. :)
« Reply #483 on: September 28, 2010, 12:49:29 PM »
Probably remove the American plunge line from the street and re route it through the old float trip station.

It's funny you should mention that. I figure since they are over there, they might as well revamp the American Plunge too. Perhaps I am asking them to bite off more than they can chew? ;D

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: September 28, 2010, 08:59:34 PM »

I would love to hope for revamping and reusing the old float trip track but I think its maybe far from probable with the way they split it up during the initial change.

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #485 on: September 28, 2010, 11:17:41 PM »
I hope they don't get rid of the waterfall. It's kind of a ill-used area now that it's blocked off, but every time I go past it I always think it's cool that SDC has this huge waterfall.

That is a lot of space though, and they're running out of accessible flat land. It'd be a good location for Half-Dollar Holler.

Ozark Outlaw

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I am on Facebook. :)
« Reply #486 on: September 28, 2010, 11:30:39 PM »
The waterfall has been there for so long that I had never considered it as available "space." However, you're absolutely right! If they (heaven forbid) did tear down the waterfall, that would open up a chunk of real estate.

If they really went on a tirade, they could potentially clear out the old float trip, American Plunge, and the waterfall all in one shot. I hope this thread doesn't give them any ideas! I'm just teasing. ;)
« Last Edit: September 28, 2010, 11:32:04 PM by Ozark BBQ »

bthomas

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: September 29, 2010, 08:22:17 AM »
Sometimes I wonder if the people on here who claim to know something really do.  In the big scheme of things...just who are we here.  Avid fans who like to wish, imagine and remember...nothing more.  Even those who maybe claim otherwise....not a slam...just an observation.  Still not convinced there is going to be anything of consequence next year.

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: September 29, 2010, 08:47:26 AM »
Avid fans who like to wish, imagine and remember...nothing more.  Even those who maybe claim otherwise
On that line we were all looking for posts that were in the ground earlier this season.  If you read back through the threads the claims and " Look here and theres" have changed now, without any warnings of change from anyone "in the know".
I think you might be on to something.
If I remember correctly there is enough space back there to retain the waterfall. They could just put a facade on the back of it to make it look like a wall from the back side. Possibly have a building front there, bathrooms or a huge 2 story dippin Dots stand  :O  behind the building could be the falls.  It can be done and I hope they do leave them
It would be a shame as the movement of all that water does create a great little atmosphere back there.  But I think we are jumping the gun with the removal of anything like that.  It is one of the few quiet places left.  I hope it stays.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2010, 09:47:21 AM by mhguy77 »

BackInTime

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: September 29, 2010, 11:39:51 AM »
Love the continued speculation. And it's interesting to consider the area between PK and Wildfire. That area doesn't seem as appealing to me though considering the park's two largest attractions are already located there. If something is to be added in between, I would be surprised if it's anything substantial. But what do I know? I'm sticking to what we already know.

1) Waterboggin was removed earlier this year.
2) Some here claimed to have seen markers in that now vacant area.
3) That corner of the park currently does not feature a thrill ride.
4) SDC has renovated or added something new every year but one (2009) since 1999.

There will be SOMETHING new to talk about and look forward to for 2011.

BackInTime

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
It's Official! New for 2011 at SDC.
« Reply #490 on: September 29, 2010, 03:08:51 PM »
Okay folks, as much as I love all of the ongoing banter regarding the possibility of a new attraction at SDC in 2011, I've been dying for something more legitimate and newsworthy. So, on a total whim, this morning I decided to email HFEC and simply ask if they could give me any information regarding the possibility of a new attraction for the 2011 season at SDC. I was surprised I not only received a response, but one that officially answers two important questions. Here is the response I just received directly from a HFEC Customer Serivce Rep.

"Thank you for your interest in Silver Dollar City. You may or may not be aware that the WaterWorks Waterboggan was closed at the end of 2009 to make room for an exciting new adventure that will open spring of 2011. However ...we just can't reveal the details of it just yet! Once it is released this information will be posted on our website at www.silverdollarcity.com <http://www.silverdollarcity.com>  so keep an ear out for future ground-breaking news sometime soon!   

We are proud to continue to add family-friendly attractions to the park giving all ages a place to spend time together. We hope that you will visit and experience our latest new addition RiverBlast - America’s Biggest Water Battle for yourself."

Sincerely,

Silver Dollar City Properties/Customer Service

Let the speculation fly as to how that "exciting new adventure" language can be interpreted, but I hope it's the first indication of a new thrill at SDC and not an Adventure Mountain scenario.

Nonetheless, we can all be excited to know that something new WILL be coming in just a matter of months.

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #491 on: September 29, 2010, 03:37:08 PM »
Nice, good to know something will fill that void.

I must be the only one who hopes it's NOT a thrill ride though. SDC is about one marquee ride away from being a typical theme park with some craftsmen on the side. Even though we've discussed the issues spurring their new developments, I'd still rather they go the other way. Not that I'd really complain either way.

An expanded AM concept with a better theme and more activities would be great. It'd fit in with the park, be unique, be family friendly, and offer something to do other than rides. The remaining tower is already set up perfectly for a dual zip-line.

As far as rides go, we may see the Balloons or a carousel added back again with this expansion, which would go over great as well.

I still think the next marquee thrill ride won't be until 2012, but I expect it to be SDC's long awaited huge addition.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: September 29, 2010, 05:13:45 PM »
Sometimes I wonder if the people on here who claim to know something really do.

I can personally attest that there are at least three of us (myself included -- and there maybe more) on here that do know what is coming next year.  Do we like to miss with you and send false hints every so often -- of course we do.  However if you look back through this thread all three of us have said to keep an eye on the Wilderness Waterboggan area in one form or another.

Just be patient.  Marketing clues should be coming out any day now.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2010, 05:31:49 PM by Swoosh »
SWOOSH

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: September 29, 2010, 05:28:50 PM »
So, uh, the rumors I've heard might NOT be true? 'Cause I heard they were putting in a museum attraction at the waterboggin site called "The International House of Defunct Theme Park Rides." The untouched watterboggin site is the main attraction! ;)
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: September 29, 2010, 05:32:20 PM »
^No, that's still a go.  ;) ;D
SWOOSH