Author Topic: SDC's 2011 Project  (Read 340178 times)

marolinesdad

• Conductor
    • View Profile
Re: SDC's 2011 Project
« Reply #450 on: September 16, 2010, 07:48:21 AM »
So do we have any idea where the old ride that is returning is going to be placed.  I think a ******** would look nice in GE in between the Teacups and the Wave Carousel where the gazebo is located.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2010, 07:50:26 AM by oklaSDCfan »
“May there always be a Silver Dollar City.” – Paul Harvey

Copper

• Global Moderator
  • Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: September 18, 2010, 09:38:15 PM »
Think of other places in the park, maybe places that haven't been discussed!

Ozark Outlaw

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I am on Facebook. :)
« Reply #452 on: September 18, 2010, 11:41:17 PM »
I hope if they do return the balloon ride that they nestle it amongst some heavy trees somewhere. The Grand Exposition is nice, but it is hardly a forested area.

One of my fondest memories as a kid was flying near the tree tops on the balloon ride! :D

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #453 on: September 19, 2010, 02:35:02 AM »

THIS  ;D
SWOOSH

marolinesdad

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: September 19, 2010, 10:41:18 AM »
My girls are happy about whats going to return.   I just can not think of a place it could go.  I am sure they are not planning on putting it in the Carousel Barn?  I can not see it in GG, Maybe it could go out in front of Red Gold.
“May there always be a Silver Dollar City.” – Paul Harvey

MissinTheGreenTrams

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: September 20, 2010, 04:59:58 PM »
I know what the secret project is!!!! Everyone lean close *whispery voice* It is an escalator on Hugos Hill!!!!
The smell of asphalt and butane says home!

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: September 20, 2010, 06:55:50 PM »

Lord yes...........................

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #457 on: September 20, 2010, 09:27:46 PM »

Hmm, all I can think of is the old treehouse. They're going to have to take it down one of these days. The balloons or carousel would fit there, though I think they would ruin the mid-town atmosphere. Not many other places I can think of other than the obvious vacancies.

Only one more month or so till we find out for sure. Hopefully something will turn up any day now at the park though. Anyone going to be stopping by next month?

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: September 20, 2010, 09:36:22 PM »

I am there every few weeks.
If there is anything to see I will post photos.
I have still lost faith and hope that they will have more to announce than the return of a kiddie ride.
I guess I don't get excited about going around in circles.
Please SDC give us more...

bthomas

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: September 20, 2010, 09:38:24 PM »
Planning on going for several days next week.  Not counting on seeing anything new.  I've grown very skeptical that there is going to be anything of any consequence for us next year.  Especially with all the huge capital outlays already announced for other parks.  I sure hope I'm wrong.  What if it's not a ride or park addition, but a feature attraction for a festival like they did 4 years back with the change from the original Christmas tree to the current tree.  Wasnt that a several million dollar expense the addition that year?  Just thinking of some options.

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #460 on: September 20, 2010, 10:05:21 PM »
^That's possible, they've certainly been trying to branch out more with shows and festivals. Considering DW did that  for 2009, maybe we're due for the same treatment.

On the other hand, The Giant Swing wasn't announced until October 18, and GE wasn't announced until November 6. I don't recall there being any construction noticeable before hand in either case, especially TGS.

Considering the Branson market, maybe they'll hold back again this year, but they have been investing a lot in every other park, and their competitors are gaining a foothold on the market. As far as rides are concerned, they'll need to put up or shut up soon. Instead though, they could do heavy emphasis on some other aspect of the park such as shows and festivals. Either would be great, but it seems like they'll have an easier time marketing a new ride, so that's the direction I see them taking.

Heck, now that I think about it, at this point I wouldn't completely rule out a new coaster for next year, as far-out as that seems. I'm sure there will be something worth looking forward to.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2010, 10:10:01 PM by shavethewhales »

Ozark Outlaw

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I am on Facebook. :)
« Reply #461 on: September 20, 2010, 11:16:59 PM »
^That's possible, they've certainly been trying to branch out more with shows and festivals. Considering DW did that  for 2009, maybe we're due for the same treatment.

Which is fine by me! ;D Let’s face it, the 2000 through 2010 decades has been one of the busiest decade in terms of  new rides. There was a new ride, or attraction almost every single year it seems like at least. Silver Dollar City should take a year off, and use that year to spruce up the park.

On the other hand, The Giant Swing wasn't announced until October 18, and GE wasn't announced until November 6. I don't recall there being any construction noticeable before hand in either case, especially TGS.

Exactly! January through March may not seem like a long time, but those construction crews can work extremely fast! With that being said however, I would figure that we would have seen at least something now for any super major size attraction.

Polley

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: September 21, 2010, 04:46:03 AM »
Silver Dollar City should take a year off, and use that year to spruce up the park.

I agree with Ozark BBQ. If I was given a choice between a brand new roller coaster or for SDC to restore/update all the park's attractions and rides, then I would vote for the latter. It would be great to rediscover old favorites like FITH, AP, and LROTO. 

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #463 on: September 21, 2010, 07:18:20 AM »
Silver Dollar City should take a year off, and use that year to spruce up the park.

I agree with Ozark BBQ. If I was given a choice between a brand new roller coaster or for SDC to restore/update all the park's attractions and rides, then I would vote for the latter. It would be great to rediscover old favorites like FITH, AP, and LROTO. 

Except for the fact that they have been doing this anyway even with the new additions.
So let's go for the new coaster anyway
SWOOSH

kerrydale

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: September 21, 2010, 09:14:05 AM »
Maybe I'm just naive, but when it comes to competition I don't see SDC as having that much.  They're in a class by themselves because of their history, reputation, and management.  They have built more than a park; it's an experience.  For my family, half of that experience is the drive to Branson...the entire 3 1/2 hours is spent talking about our favorite places in SDC, our favorite rides, our favorite foods, our favorite crafts, our favorite Citizens.  I'm sure from a business standpoint that SDC needs to be concerned with "keeping up," but even if they decided that they were never going to add anything new ever again, I'd still be going there three or four times a year...and I bet many others would too.  SDC isn't a cookie-cutter theme park...it's like stepping back in time.  That, I think, is the one thing that other parks can't replicate or compete with.