Author Topic: SDC's 2011 Project  (Read 339887 times)

marolinesdad

• Conductor
    • View Profile
Re: SDC's 2011 Project
« Reply #435 on: September 06, 2010, 12:44:21 PM »
Thats what they told us.  They said it and the Carousel would be back at a later time.   I do hope if they do bring back a Carousel it will be the nice big one from Celebration city.  It was a relly nice one.
“May there always be a Silver Dollar City.” – Paul Harvey

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #436 on: September 06, 2010, 01:01:01 PM »
Ah yes, I had almost forgot about the balloon ride. They did imply that it would make a return someday, but those plans may or may not have changed. This would be a good year for it to come back though. The carousel was pretty much worn out, but I think they saved the horses since they were hand-carved by SDC craftsmen.

Like I keep saying, SDC usually doesn't announce till much later...

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #437 on: September 06, 2010, 05:16:12 PM »
^There's a beautiful carousel at CC that is not being used right now ;D
SWOOSH

Copper

• Global Moderator
  • Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: September 06, 2010, 07:04:28 PM »
ohhh... something will be returning next season, but I don't want to give anything away.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: September 06, 2010, 08:59:54 PM »
ohhh... something will be returning next season, but I don't want to give anything away.

shhhhh!!!  ;)
SWOOSH

Ozark Outlaw

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I am on Facebook. :)
« Reply #440 on: September 06, 2010, 09:23:43 PM »
Gasp! You've said too much. It's all a big government conspiracy, and cover up. New ride? At Silver Dollar City? There‘s no such thing as Silver Dollar City. Who are you? Who am I? I am nothing more than the figment of your imagination. :-X
« Last Edit: September 06, 2010, 09:24:49 PM by Ozark BBQ »

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: September 06, 2010, 09:41:43 PM »
Hmm...lets narrow it down for fun from the pat rides/ attractions...I am pretty sure thay are not adding a Water Boggan, or The diving bell...

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #442 on: September 06, 2010, 10:42:51 PM »
Sounds more like we're returning to the theory of CC rides coming to the park. Still a very valid possibility. Any news on Roaring Falls? If it were sold, I'd expect it to be off site by now.

The carousel, double shot, and flying carpet would be a nice package.

Do you think they sold the Wisdom Tornado they refurbished? I didn't see that one on the sell list either, now that I think about it. I had forgotten that they even did that. CC was sure full of some strange ride choices for HFEC...

I'll definitely be interested in seeing how they fit any former CC rides into the park. I think GE is pretty much as big as it needs to be.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: September 06, 2010, 10:55:07 PM »
Gasp! You've said too much. It's all a big government conspiracy, and cover up. New ride? At Silver Dollar City? There‘s no such thing as Silver Dollar City. Who are you? Who am I? I am nothing more than the figment of your imagination. :-X

So do I take the red pill or the blue pill?  ???
SWOOSH

Ozark Outlaw

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: September 06, 2010, 11:05:21 PM »

So do I take the red pill or the blue pill?  ???

I take the red, and blue pill combination! It makes me feel "good." :D

I'm just teasing. However, it seems like there are quite a handful of people around here who claim proudly to be "in the know," but won't even peep a good hint, or clue. Oh well, at least there is fun in guessing! :)

StaceySue

• Cave Guide
  • Avid Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: September 07, 2010, 10:50:16 PM »
I was never a big fan of the balloon ride myself. Though I rode it plenty, I was not a big fan of the round and round motion as I became older. I thought at one point when it was removed that it would resurface in the park at a later time.

Yeah, I couldn't ride backwards on that thing.  But my daughter loved it.

Ozark Outlaw

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: September 07, 2010, 11:05:01 PM »
My father cannot handle motion sickness. One time while visiting Thunderation he thought he could tough it out, and ride it backwards. Needless to say that one ride messed him up for the whole day! :D

joshblakebran

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: September 10, 2010, 06:49:55 PM »
Has anybody heard anything new on the construction project for next year? Since an announcement was made for Wild Adventures, I didn't know if anything had been leaked about SDC....
Colorado SDC Fan

Ozark Outlaw

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: September 10, 2010, 09:47:53 PM »
Nothing official at least. There are folks around here who claim to be in the know, but no leads, or leaks. It’s all in hiatus for the moment at least.

joshblakebran

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: September 11, 2010, 06:04:59 PM »
Nothing official at least. There are folks around here who claim to be in the know, but no leads, or leaks. It’s all in hiatus for the moment at least.
Thanks for the response...I guess I just need to learn to be patient...but it so hard...I dream about the new attraction...Hopefully we'll see a mystery mine type of ride someday..I was sad to see the waterboggin' go, but it was broken down a lot when my family was there...
Colorado SDC Fan