Author Topic: SDC's 2011 Project  (Read 340008 times)

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
Re: SDC's 2011 Project
« Reply #390 on: August 29, 2010, 04:49:09 PM »
I would be shocked if half of the population outside of the greater midwest has even heard of our beloved SDC. But that's okay. I have no problem at all with it being our diamond in the rough.

Be shocked then, since there was a huge list of current country star celebrities that paid "birthday wishes" to SDC (with almost all of them reliving a memory or two of visiting the park when they were younger) at the 50th celebration earlier this year. 

SWOOSH

BackInTime

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: August 29, 2010, 07:35:44 PM »
I would be shocked if half of the population outside of the greater midwest has even heard of our beloved SDC. But that's okay. I have no problem at all with it being our diamond in the rough.

Be shocked then, since there was a huge list of current country star celebrities that paid "birthday wishes" to SDC (with almost all of them reliving a memory or two of visiting the park when they were younger) at the 50th celebration earlier this year. 

That wasn't meant to be a knock against SDC. I love it like all of us here do.

BackInTime

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: August 29, 2010, 07:46:23 PM »
Back to the original question at hand, did anyone get any pics over the weekend of anything marked or happening in the WB area or anywhere else within the park?

Anyone else tired of speculating? It's fun to a degree, but something a little more definitive would be refreshing. 

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: August 29, 2010, 09:20:16 PM »
Something a little more definitive would be refreshing. 

The "answer" is already definite.  Just those who "know" aren't talking.... yet.
SWOOSH

BackInTime

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: August 29, 2010, 10:10:16 PM »
Anyone have any insight into why HFEC chooses to announce new attractions for DW and SDC at different times? I would assume it's simply to give each their due as they are different parks altogether. Just wonder why we've known for quite a while now that DW is getting a swing and we're still waiting for word on SDC's next addition. 

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: August 30, 2010, 08:04:06 AM »
I would think that the earlier the better. I know funding can come into joepardy, but what better way to pre-sell season passes than to announce the "coming attractions"? To me that would be a great way to get the $ now for next years attendees AND it would generate funds needed for the new additions during the off season.

Ozark Outlaw

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I am on Facebook. :)
« Reply #396 on: August 30, 2010, 08:58:41 AM »
I would think that the earlier the better. I know funding can come into joepardy, but what better way to pre-sell season passes than to announce the "coming attractions"? To me that would be a great way to get the $ now for next years attendees AND it would generate funds needed for the new additions during the off season.

Yeah, but what if the coming attraction won't open until the 2012 season? Maybe that's why they are in no hurry to announce anything just yet. I'm just speculating, and trying to fill in the blanks. I really don't know.  :P

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #397 on: August 30, 2010, 09:45:33 AM »
Season passes for next year don't go on sale until November, so announcing anything too long before that just wastes a good media opportunity to sell something. With the exception of a few projects, SDC always announces late in the year.

BackInTime

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: August 30, 2010, 10:04:29 AM »
Makes sense. But does that mean DW starts selling their season passes in August?

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: August 30, 2010, 04:57:59 PM »
No.  However they (DW) seem to always announce their plans rather "early" in the season
SWOOSH

Ozark Outlaw

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: August 30, 2010, 05:21:38 PM »
As much as Silver Dollar City, and Dollywood are similar, and even though they both operate under the same umbrella corporation, they are still managed by two different teams of people.

So it’s very difficult to predict what Silver Dollar City will do based on what Dollywood does. Unfortunately, we will just have to wait, and see.  ;D

dwfan

• McCoy
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: August 30, 2010, 05:50:45 PM »
One smart thing about Dollywood announcing in August is that it gives people time to save up if they need to that way they can buy a season pass. When SDC announces in November that gives people a limited amount of time to save up, then it would earlier in the season.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2010, 05:51:26 PM by dwfan »

Ozark Outlaw

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: August 30, 2010, 06:14:43 PM »
Everyone keeps banking on November, but according to Swoosh we should know something this week, or so.  :)

I was told that an announcement will be coming in a couple of weeks.  ;D

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: August 30, 2010, 06:20:41 PM »
Everyone keeps banking on November, but according to Swoosh we should know something this week, or so.  :)

I was told that an announcement will be coming in a couple of weeks.  ;D

Remember that a "couple of weeks" is "relative" to a park.
SWOOSH

BackInTime

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: August 30, 2010, 09:16:02 PM »
Makes total sense that SDC would want to leverage the announcement of a new attraction around the time season tickets go on sale. Just seems silly to wait for both. Of course, that could just be the impatient fan in me talking.