Author Topic: SDC's 2011 Project  (Read 337294 times)

SDC#1fan

• Jr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: SDC's 2011 Project
« Reply #360 on: August 22, 2010, 10:03:47 PM »
Well I looked all around the WB area from GG and didn't see anything but on the train u can see some stakes and a few trees with orange marker flags on them. Also someone mentioned something about the new trees they planted still being in burlap sacks so I checked them out and it looks like they planted most of them on top of the old WB exit path and then spread mulch out. I guess they didn't want to go through the trouble last off season to break up the old concrete.
Look dad a bear! (colton pointing to a Cow)

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #361 on: August 22, 2010, 10:20:14 PM »
Well we just back from sdc and I noticed while riding the train that there are orange marker flags in the woods where WB used to be.

Oh my goodness! Oh my goodness!  ;D

Sorry, I know that they are just marker flags, but they are the start of things to come!

I told you guys, if you knew where to look there were clues.
SWOOSH

SDC#1fan

• Jr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: August 22, 2010, 10:25:41 PM »
Oh and on a side note the park was really slow today and I rode the flooded mine and got the to turn the house lights on. It was pretty cool.

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: August 22, 2010, 10:28:05 PM »
It was slow today but even yet the line for Powder Keg was 30-40 min.
They are rarely running 2 trains when I am there.
Restaurants and several snack stands were closed today.

jmc75

• Jr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: August 22, 2010, 11:18:14 PM »
Oh and on a side note the park was really slow today and I rode the flooded mine and got the to turn the house lights on. It was pretty cool.

how did you get them to do that.

SDC#1fan

• Jr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: August 23, 2010, 07:44:24 AM »
I asked nicely  :)

Ozark Outlaw

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I am on Facebook. :)
« Reply #366 on: August 23, 2010, 09:21:13 AM »

how did you get them to do that.

I asked nicely  :)

All right now, you cannot open a can of works, and not fish with them! ;)

Surely there is more to this story? Maybe I am just misunderstanding what the "house lights" are. :)
« Last Edit: August 23, 2010, 09:48:16 AM by Ozark BBQ »

SDC#1fan

• Jr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: August 23, 2010, 03:20:25 PM »
The lights they use when they are working on the ride. They are in all of the tunnel and some flood lights in the areas with scenes. It was pretty cool and all I did was nicely ask the dispatcher is "if I come back at closing will u let me ride through with the house lights on?" And he said sure.

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: August 23, 2010, 04:59:39 PM »
When I worked there, we called those lights "work lights" because they were turned on only when someone entered scenes of the ride or behind them or above them, to do some kind of repair work. Usually, the work lights are on in the early morning prior to park opening so the work crews can fix things up for the day. The lights are turned off when guests come through so they can have that interesting "dark ride" effect. In my opinion, the ride was presented better to guests when the lights were off...but to the hard core fan who just wants something a bit different going through with lights on would offer that. I have heard folks say here they have gone through FITH with the work lights on and enjoyed it...but it too is meant to be a dark ride, and for the first time through, I hope everyone can enjoy it the way it was meant to be presented. I doubt if the powers that be would do it, but it might be interesting to have an organized SDC fans tour of all the rides someday with work lights on, and someone either a ride op or maintenance guy, leading us through to point out things of interest.
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

Ozark Outlaw

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: August 23, 2010, 05:53:45 PM »
The lights they use when they are working on the ride. They are in all of the tunnel and some flood lights in the areas with scenes. It was pretty cool and all I did was nicely ask the dispatcher is "if I come back at closing will u let me ride through with the house lights on?" And he said sure.

I guess what caught me off guard is that I did not know you could just ask to ride through with the work lights on; albeit it with special arrangements made prior to. Interesting! ;)

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: August 23, 2010, 07:22:56 PM »
 :o Jealous :o

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #371 on: August 23, 2010, 08:36:45 PM »
I guess what caught me off guard is that I did not know you could just ask to ride through with the work lights on; albeit it with special arrangements made prior to. Interesting! ;)

This is byfar the "exception" and should not be considered the "norm".
I myself have been able to get "closing time" rides on FitH with the lights completely off, but I have a pretty good repoire with the crew so that's why I was able to do that.

Again, please do not go asking the crews for this type of ride, because like I state this is the "exception"
SWOOSH

SDC#1fan

• Jr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: August 23, 2010, 09:52:06 PM »
Y the heck not? The worst that could happen is they say no then u say ok thanks and move on. If u never ask u will never receive and I wouldn't want to miss out only to find out later all I had to do was ask.

Ozark Outlaw

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: August 23, 2010, 11:03:20 PM »
Y the heck not? The worst that could happen is they say no then u say ok thanks and move on. If u never ask u will never receive and I wouldn't want to miss out only to find out later all I had to do was ask.

Well if EVERYONE asked then that would disrupt the normal flow of operations, and possibly jeopardize the space-time continuum, or something like that. :)

BackInTime

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: August 23, 2010, 11:16:10 PM »
Anyone going to the park this week who might be able to get some shots of the stake locations seen in the WB area?