Author Topic: SDC's 2011 Project  (Read 339846 times)

Joy

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
Re: SDC's 2011 Project
« Reply #105 on: January 26, 2010, 10:22:53 PM »
Hmmm... That was certainly fast work! Wow.

Are they removing the Waterboggan tower, too, or will they utilize it in whatever is going over there?

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #106 on: January 27, 2010, 07:29:07 AM »
*poof* be gone
SWOOSH

Joy

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: January 27, 2010, 09:52:27 AM »
Wow. That'll definitely be interesting come March, to see that part of the skyline gone.

I can't wait to find out what's going there, though. The suspense is so exciting! *jumps up and down*

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: January 27, 2010, 10:34:38 PM »
We might not have to wait until March to see what it looks like without waterboggan.
There might be pics posted this weekend if the weather holds out (and no not by me)
SWOOSH

sdcforever

« Reply #109 on: January 28, 2010, 08:16:01 AM »
I hope pics are posted this weekend! ;D

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: January 29, 2010, 05:04:31 PM »
Well my friend told me that the road conditions down there are just too bad for her to drive by the park to get photos of how much of WB has already come down.  I guess we'll just have to until later.  Sorry folks.

SWOOSH

Joy

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: January 29, 2010, 06:00:47 PM »
That's fine. Your friend's safety is far more important than pics of an empty skyline.

tinmann620

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: January 30, 2010, 02:07:04 PM »
Rumors & speculation are always fun, so here's the latest talk about what's going in where the Waterboganan USED to be:  first, a coaster; and second, 2 or 3 of the rides from CC, the simple water ride we all agree they don't need, and the launch tower, which I think could fit right in with the mining theme.  Sadly, the kids play area is gone, few knew it was leaving, too.
RIP Chippewa Lake Park

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: January 30, 2010, 02:18:29 PM »
Why not put the popular Balloon Chase there?
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #114 on: January 30, 2010, 02:39:01 PM »
I could see them adding several new rides and old CC rides there, though that would be depressing unless they really did it right. I'd hate to see them try to go for a Grand Expo 2 so to speak, where they cram a bunch of rides in under a loose theme that gives them an excuse. It's been OK with Grand Expo since it was a new area and is away from the "real" SDC, but this area is much closer to the heart of the city.

Other than the S&S double shot, the only non-fair rides at CC are the flying carpet and Roaring Falls. Roaring Falls, IMO, is not up to SDC's standards unless they make it look like this: http://www.puderluder.com/Rollercoaster3/bilder/USA_2005/kennywood2.jpg
I can't see how the Flying Carpet could be re-themed that well, though it was a very popular ride at CC. The S&S double shot would be great though - that can be themed well and was/would be extremely popular.

Given the size and shape of the area being cleared though, I'd be surprised if it's not for a coaster.

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #115 on: January 30, 2010, 02:42:33 PM »
Sadly, the kids play area is gone, few knew it was leaving, too.

Wait, what? Can someone get us some confirmation on this? If this is true it's going to be a rough year for the park, and it changes my thoughts on the 2011 project completely. This is a park that absolutely has to have a large kids area to survive. River Blast is not going to be enough to cover a hole left by WW, SH and GG.

tinmann620

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: January 30, 2010, 03:13:03 PM »
I didn't say GG, the play area that had the little stuff for the kids to climb on.  I'm hoping the new ride incorporates Tom's Fort, that has been vacant for 2 years.
RIP Chippewa Lake Park

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #117 on: January 30, 2010, 04:01:51 PM »
^Ah, my bad, I'm still reeling from the sheer amount of stuff that's leaving the park all at once.

If I heard right from Swoosh's coverage, they are fixing up Tom's Fort, though I don't know how much they're going to do. It'd be great to see a lot of dry play things added back to that area to go along with the river blast, but they haven't made much of a note about it.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: January 30, 2010, 04:51:14 PM »
I'm not going to confirm or renig any of the rumors that were stated above, I'm only going to throw out some things here.

I think Balloon Chase and the Flying Carpet (from CC) would fit just fine in the Transportation area of GE.  There are some areas there that could accomodate those rides.  One being where over by Galleon where the games that never get used are located, and the other could be over by the parade gate near the coaster.

SWOOSH

Joy

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: January 30, 2010, 06:18:42 PM »
I think with a nice re-paint of creams and golds, Balloon Chase would fit perfectly in Grand Exposition.