Author Topic: SDC's 2011 Project  (Read 337119 times)

crsjrr

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
Re: SDC's 2011 Project
« Reply #30 on: November 12, 2009, 10:16:01 AM »
A great Idea!!  Reconfigure CC into a White Water.  It appears CC has more fixed structures of size (buildings) and could offer entertainment options for those who don't want to stay wet all day (parents).  I would thick demolition costs would be less to raze WW then to raze CC.  WW may have a better location on the strip, but more room for expansion at CC location.   Has anyone, anyone.....with decisions making authority thought of this?   Really a great idea!   

MSUBear42

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 12, 2009, 04:48:27 PM »
A new white water on the cc prooerty would be great. The could keep Ozcat and the tidal wave ride and the fountain in front of ozcat and bulid a wave pool on the great lawn
put in new flumes and slides. A water coaster with the uphill runs would add a new element to the park as well.

Wavepool on the great lawn would be AWESOME

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #32 on: November 13, 2009, 10:45:16 PM »
Rename the OzCatfish for your new waterpark?
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #33 on: November 13, 2009, 10:48:59 PM »
I like it.
The Ozark Wild Catfish
SWOOSH

U Smell Smoke

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 14, 2009, 10:39:00 AM »
I've always thought a waterpark with some "dry" rides mixed in would be a great idea.  There certainly are a lot of possibilities. How many times would you love to ride a lost river or watertoboggan type ride but don't want to get completely drenched with your clothes on? I know the older I get the less appealing wet, smelly clothes are.  But if I were in my swimming trunks I would love it. The splash battle ride would be perfect in a water park--you would certainly have a lot more people (read adults) who would like to ride. Move the watertoboggan ride from SDC to CC.  You've got Roaring Falls and Shoot the Chutes already. Build a huge wavepool with large waves, water features and plenty of lounging and sunning area.  Put up a water coaster and some really great waterslides and a funnel or bowl type ride.  Add a lazy river and kids area to some of the leftover rides at CC and you've got quite a place.  You could keep the games and restaurants at CC and move the best stuff over from WW.  It really wouldn't take a mega huge investment to make that a fun place.

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #35 on: December 06, 2009, 02:22:23 PM »
A random stranger was talking to his friend as if he knew all the plans of the park (Maybe it was even one of you.).  He was talking about how all of Geyser Gulch was going to be removed - the ball pits, everything - to make room for the Celebration City rides.  "The wooden roller coaster," he said, "will be the first ride to be moved, since it's the easiest one to move."   ;D  Yeah, I thought that was funny, too.  I mean most of the CC rides just fold up, attach to a hitch and are pulled to a new location within a week, aren't they?

As I understand it, only Splash Harbor is going bye-bye, and probably to clear the way for something grander and more pleasing-to-the-eye than carnival rides.  Hopefully this guy was just blowing smoke and didn't have any legitimate information.  Was he one of you?  Well, was he?
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

sdcforever

« Reply #36 on: December 06, 2009, 03:44:49 PM »
It wasn't me. :)

tinmann620

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 06, 2009, 04:01:21 PM »
Not me, either, however, I was told by a park manager earlier this year they had plans on connecting the Giant Swing area to Geyser Gulch.  Who knows, rumors always fly.  The Lost River area looks bare & sad with all the water guns gone...
RIP Chippewa Lake Park

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 06, 2009, 05:09:45 PM »
I can confirm that Splash Harbor is officially a goner.  However, none of the guns that were over there will be making their way to the River Blast. 
SWOOSH

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #39 on: December 06, 2009, 10:11:10 PM »
A random stranger was talking to his friend as if he knew all the plans of the park (Maybe it was even one of you.).  He was talking about how all of Geyser Gulch was going to be removed - the ball pits, everything - to make room for the Celebration City rides.  "The wooden roller coaster," he said, "will be the first ride to be moved, since it's the easiest one to move."   ;D  Yeah, I thought that was funny, too.  I mean most of the CC rides just fold up, attach to a hitch and are pulled to a new location within a week, aren't they?

As I understand it, only Splash Harbor is going bye-bye, and probably to clear the way for something grander and more pleasing-to-the-eye than carnival rides.  Hopefully this guy was just blowing smoke and didn't have any legitimate information.  Was he one of you?  Well, was he?

Ha ha, not me either. I still say I wouldn't be too disappointed if we somehow end up with OzCat. I'd miss getting to watch a brand new creation be made custom for SDC, but there's always more time in the future for that. Still don't see it happening though.

Joy

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 06, 2009, 11:37:00 PM »
I kinda wish there was gonna be a surprise ride for the 50th anniversary: a new Rube Dugan's where Splash Harbor is now...

A girl can dream, can't she? :D

LOL

Joy

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 20, 2009, 02:03:51 PM »
Rumor has it, that you might not even recognized the area over by Boatworks Theater next year.  No further details right now, except that I'll say that one or two more things might be missing next season from over there, I'm still checking into this, but thought I'd give you a heads up...  :o
SWOOSH

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #42 on: December 20, 2009, 03:17:25 PM »
I've also heard scattered rumors that the waterboggin may come down. Of course, that's been a pretty frequent rumor, but hey: who saw Splash Harbor leaving? Looks like they might re-do that entire back section of the park. Sure smells like a coaster project might be headed this direction.

Joy

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 20, 2009, 05:53:47 PM »
Personally, I wouldn't mind if they get rid of the Waterboggan, but that's just me. I haven't been on the thing in probably almost ten years.

Joy

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 20, 2009, 06:48:20 PM »
Yes but they just rehabbed it not that long ago putting in all new slides and what not.  Seems like a waste to take it out -- but that's indeed what is going to happen
SWOOSH