Author Topic: SDC's 2011 Project  (Read 339796 times)

Ozark Outlaw

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I am on Facebook. :)
Re: SDC's 2011 Project
« Reply #780 on: November 01, 2010, 09:11:34 PM »
I guess I am as blind as joshblakebran because I even have Silver Dollar City added as an interest, and I am looking at their Facebook page from top, to bottom, and I see nothing about any announcement. Just general stuff about the Christmas festival, and so on.  :o

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #781 on: November 01, 2010, 09:17:53 PM »
There's a new in 2011 tab which can be seen here: http://www.facebook.com/Silverdollarcity?v=app_7146470109

It links to the attraction page. Neither say anything more than what we already know. Less even. It actually sounds like it will be a little smaller than I was thinking...

Ozark Outlaw

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: November 01, 2010, 09:20:51 PM »
Oh, there it is! Okay maybe I do need glasses. ;D

Boy, they certainly snuck this one in quietly. I like the bigger artist rendering on the Facebook page. It looks like it will even have some sort of slide which I never noticed before.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2010, 09:21:56 PM by Ozark BBQ »

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #783 on: November 01, 2010, 09:24:14 PM »
In perspective a million dollars isn't much for an attraction.
You are talking about clearing land, adding electricity, water pipes.
Infrastructure alone is expensive.
The swing was reported to be 7 million.
We aren't talking large here....

marolinesdad

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: November 01, 2010, 09:25:27 PM »
And you can see the revamped carousel on the left.
“May there always be a Silver Dollar City.” – Paul Harvey

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #785 on: November 01, 2010, 09:27:30 PM »
would be nice to see a real footprint/set of plans..

marolinesdad

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #786 on: November 02, 2010, 11:31:01 PM »
Silver Dollar City's newest addition is no small change - discover a forest of fun at Half Dollar Holler!

This brand-new, $1 million playscape and ride area is designed with the youngest adventurers in mind! Half-pints will find a woodland wonderland filled with activities to take them to new heights, challenge their growing minds and bodies, and delight their senses. Half Dollar Holler, created especially for children through age 7, also provides a safe play zone with a single-access entrance and kid-friendly structures. 

Kids need a place to branch out and Half Dollar Holler has the hands-on, high-energy play that little explorers love. Treetop funhouses and climbing nets set the stage for engaging entertainment, as whippersnappers make their way through a wacky maze of elevated dwellings. And, a lot of sand and a little water equal big fun for small hands. Creativity and imagination run wild as they dig, build and sculpt masterpieces at pint-sized sand tables. When it's time to settle down, gather round on tree stump seats and hear tremendous tales in the story circle brought to you by Highlights magazine.

Plus, back by popular demand - Silver Dollar City's Carousel returns in a whole new way! This family favorite, featuring magnificent hand-carved horses and bears, never fails to inspire wonder and joy!

Come play in our neck of the woods next year...it's sure to be big fun for the little ones!
“May there always be a Silver Dollar City.” – Paul Harvey

saladdays

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: November 04, 2010, 11:24:20 AM »
There's an ad in the Weekend section of Springfield's newspaper, which mentions the changes at WW as well.

Tom

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #788 on: November 07, 2010, 10:31:35 PM »
I'm not sure what to think about this.  Is this truly an new addition . . .or just putting back one of the three that they ripped out last year.  My kids will like it. . .but what will they rip out in order to install this one? ???

Polley

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #789 on: November 07, 2010, 11:00:58 PM »
Didn't the original announcement about half-dollar hollar state that SDC would have a press release on nov. 7th?

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #790 on: November 07, 2010, 11:24:41 PM »
^^ They're not taking anything out except a few trees and a smoking area. They are bringing back only one of the rides they've taken out recently, but it's just one part of a whole new experience for the kids.

^There was no original announcement. When we found the page with the info, I assumed there would be a press release by Nov. 6, since other people said they were told an announcement would be made by then. They've put out a bunch of ads, but the addition might be too small to warrant a press release until it opens.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #791 on: November 08, 2010, 05:41:37 AM »
well then, it is probably just one step. We can probably expect WB area and GG will get a makeover to "accent" HDH.  More for the kids...

Ozark Outlaw

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #792 on: November 08, 2010, 08:50:55 PM »
Silver Dollar City is doing a great job of spreading out the kiddie areas! Years ago, Tom Sawyers Landing was it. Now we have the new Half Dollar Holler by the Train Station, River Blast at the old Tom Sawyers Landing, Geyser Gulch by its lonesome next to the lake, and The Grand Exposition shoved all the way in the back of the park.

Want to sight see Silver Dollar City? Just bring a kid along! :)

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #793 on: November 09, 2010, 08:28:24 AM »
true enough ozark..  still makes us wonder what they may do to GG and WB area...  Do you suppose that will all tie together with some kind of redo?? ??? ???   what to do in 2012??  LOL

Parson B Ready

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #794 on: November 13, 2010, 11:17:08 PM »
Here are three pictures of the HDH area I took from the Swinging Bridge. If the orange tape is an indicator, this is going to get pretty close to the bridge itself. http://www.flickr.com/photos/55890907@N03/