Author Topic: SDC's 2011 Project  (Read 339891 times)

Ozark Outlaw

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I am on Facebook. :)
Re: SDC's 2011 Project
« Reply #705 on: October 28, 2010, 08:19:49 AM »
I am not sure if Silver Dollar City needs a second playground area, but they definitely need a better one that is comparable to Tom Sawyer's Landing. Let's face it, as great as Geyser Gulch is, it is still a one hit wonder so to speak. The main attraction there is the foam balls, and the water cannons. Silver Dollar City needs a playground with more diversity in things to climb on, or under, or around, and more variety to interact with.

Also the Grand Exposition is a good place for the tots to find "kiddie rides," but then most of them are the same style of ride repeated over again (i.e., up, and down around a circle).

Copper

• Global Moderator
  • Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #706 on: October 28, 2010, 10:16:10 AM »
I think SDC is in need of a second area where height is not an issue, working at FITH I heard that a lot. Moms and their little ones had to sit on a bench while the rest of the family went off to ride.  This area will provide another place for those extra "little" ones. 

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
« Reply #707 on: October 28, 2010, 12:26:33 PM »
Don't know if the fire pump wagon is still in place anywhere on park, but I remember that kids loved it, just pumping the pump and splashing the water. That would be perfect for FITH area. Also, why not do the pass the fire bucket drills like in the old days, and walk that dalmation around for kids to pet. How about a fireman's pole and some climbing obsticles, stuff to fit in with the fireman theme?
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

dwfan

• McCoy
    • View Profile
Half Dollar Holler on SDC Website
« Reply #708 on: October 28, 2010, 06:53:31 PM »
On the kidsfest page Half Dollar Holler is on the page for 2011!

Here's the link

http://festivals.bransonsilverdollarcity.com/mini-section/default.aspx?id=21

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
Re: Half Dollar Holler on SDC Website
« Reply #709 on: October 28, 2010, 07:16:17 PM »
WOW!!!  finally!!  that page just changed in the last 2 or 3 hours. i checked it earlier this afternoon...  well now we know..  just as we suspected kids rides, with a low dollar investment! they needed this, i am glad to see it.

As i read through the page i am dissapointed that it sounds like the GAC will be the same show as this year >:(.  I stated earlier i dont know why they cant come up new shows/music/dancing shows in the new year.. ???

Anyway it will be another GREAT year!

biscuitcreek

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #710 on: October 28, 2010, 07:19:01 PM »
It mentions the swings and carousel (among other things) doesn't say anything about the balloon ride.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #711 on: October 28, 2010, 07:29:41 PM »
yep with treehouses and climbing nets, i bet the use the contour of the land to lay it all out.. i would like to see a "floorplan".   should be great!

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #712 on: October 28, 2010, 07:35:37 PM »
Nice find!

I really like that they're reviving elements of both the old treehouse and the landing at the same time, but I'm a little disappointed that the target age is so low. I enjoyed the tree house and the landing long after I was 7.

They don't mention the balloons though, and I'm sure they would if they were making a comeback, so I guess that's out of the picture.

Good addition overall. Lends to something big in 2012, that's for sure.

Nate65807

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #713 on: October 28, 2010, 07:57:53 PM »
I am excited that they're taking care of the kids on this...but yes a target age of 7 is too young for a "max age". Kids are sometimes 10-12 years old before they can/want to ride the big rides. Still, a welcome addition :)
Nate
"I'm not an extraordinary man. But when I put my mind to it,
I'm like Hercules meets Michael Bolton. I can go the distance"

Joy

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #714 on: October 28, 2010, 08:00:07 PM »
Unless, of course, the balloons are coming back elsewhere, so they wouldn't be included in the description of Half Dollar Holler.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #715 on: October 28, 2010, 08:13:56 PM »
They didn't say that those over 7 would not be allowed to play, they just said that was the "target age"
SWOOSH

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #716 on: October 28, 2010, 08:26:49 PM »
Yeah, I doubt the true target age is really that low, they probably just want to advertise more heavily on the fact that there's something new for the very young kids since that has apparently been a sticking point for young families. The new carousel and swing ride from CC will really add to to rides very young kids can do. Right now they're pretty much limited to the 3 kiddie rides in GE and the train.

I'm wondering if I should post this news story on the main site or not... Do you think they're going to be bothered about this info leaking out?

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #717 on: October 28, 2010, 08:38:11 PM »
dont know it could bother them at all.  it is on their website obviously..  so anyplace else you put is more people will see.  more people more sales!! all is good..

bthomas

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #718 on: October 28, 2010, 09:39:12 PM »
Well, there it is guys.  Low dollar investment...and low enthusiasm to match.  They throw it into a obscure web page, that not many people would looking at this time of year?  Wow, even they cant get that excited about this.  Really makes me want to go out and invest over $500 again for season passes for the family...NOT!

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #719 on: October 28, 2010, 09:58:57 PM »
i am sure it will be in the Times when it comes out next week, probably front page news.. and more than a few of us are glad they are adding the play area. Funny thing about that is my daughter is 33 years old. So even though i dont have kids to take advantage of play area, I know others will and i know i will enjoy watching others enjoy the area..  I think it will be great, watch the kids while waiting on the train...