Author Topic: SDC's 2011 Project  (Read 339666 times)

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
Re: SDC's 2011 Project
« Reply #510 on: October 05, 2010, 02:10:11 AM »
Oh! ok! ;)  Got it!  ;) ;)      Maybe a ferris Wheel on Main street, and a Tilt a Whirl over by the swing.  How about that!!!

dwfan

• McCoy
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: October 07, 2010, 05:09:05 PM »
Just from reading other peoples posts I can tell you guys are anxious! ;) But this is October, so , it can't be that much longer before Silver Dollar City announces something. I also have to say Adventure Mountain is not just for ages (8-15) because i've seen babies doing it while there dads lead the way and mom walked behind. It allows grandparents to do it with there grandchildren because there are bridges in case people don't want to do the challenges. I was in DW's sweet shoppe and over heard two 25 year old men talking to a clerk about how they loved it because it challenged them. I have seen college kids, and highschoolers and adults doing Adventure Mountain. Trust me it's not what everyone is making it out to be, it challenges everyone and people laugh and have a ball on it! :) :) :)

BackInTime

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: October 07, 2010, 10:10:56 PM »
We could avoid all of this mess by simply adding the long awaited woodie, or a Euro-Fighter coaster. Just sayin'.

Ozark Outlaw

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I am on Facebook. :)
« Reply #513 on: October 07, 2010, 11:45:23 PM »
I think it's important to remember that Silver Dollar City will most likely have two (or more) projects coming up. Of course we all know something big (rollercoaster etc.) is coming very soon. However, there are also rumors that the old balloon ride, and some other old rides my resurface in the park somewhere. Not too mention the rumors of something being built between Wildfire, and PowderKeg. Also, let's not forget the possibility of removing, or revitalizing the American Plunge. Of course then there is the question as to which one of these major projects will actually be constructed on the old Waterboggan site.

How about that for a recap? :o

Either Silver Dollar City has a full plate ahead, or we all just have very active imaginations! :D

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: October 08, 2010, 06:42:40 AM »
It's probably a combination of the two! :)
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: October 08, 2010, 01:16:05 PM »
Ozark, I think your recap is dead on the money....  now if we just new whats next ??? ??? ???

biscuitcreek

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: October 08, 2010, 06:06:12 PM »
While I was there on 10/3, I didn't see any signs of construction at the Waterboggan site.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: October 08, 2010, 08:17:20 PM »
I continue to doubt a "big" project, because nothing is being done for prep :-\ :-\.. If they wait till close in dec..  nothing major could be done by the time the park opens in march..less than 90 days? ??? ???  I dont see them shutting done a "ride".. for instance american plunge to rebuild it..  So ??? ??? I have been watching, reading and listen to all the possibilities..... I guess we will know soon enough.

MissinTheGreenTrams

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: October 08, 2010, 08:31:37 PM »
I've got it......they are turning the waterboggan tower into a giant look at your neighbors bathing tower complete with spyglasses to get an eye full. Only 1.00 per 30 second look, you will be able to see the world!!
The smell of asphalt and butane says home!

joshblakebran

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: October 08, 2010, 09:11:40 PM »
Swoosh...Is anything going to be added for next year? Please say it's so...We've got to have something new for next season...
Colorado SDC Fan

Ozark Outlaw

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I am on Facebook. :)
« Reply #520 on: October 08, 2010, 11:38:18 PM »
I mentioned this in a page, or two prior to this one, but I will say it again. We will not be getting a major attraction for the Spring of 2011. What we are currently waiting on, is an announcement for a major attraction that will open in perhaps the Spring of 2012.

However, we may be getting something small, or an old ride brought back to life in the Spring of 2011 which we are also still waiting for an announcement on. :)
« Last Edit: October 08, 2010, 11:39:47 PM by Ozark BBQ »

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #521 on: October 09, 2010, 12:21:42 AM »
Swoosh...Is anything going to be added for next year? Please say it's so...We've got to have something new for next season...

Oh sure.  They have quite a few new additions to the festivals that have already been confirmed.  They will have a new show in the opera hous for Kidsfest and it sounds like some big names will be there for BBQ and Picnic.  Some other new festival things for sure.

If you are talking attractions, be patient.  The park has said they will release that information when season passes go on sale.

Also someone mentioned no visible construction yet... it's only October.
SWOOSH

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: October 09, 2010, 06:01:31 PM »
ok fine i will be patient........ ;D          ................   By the way, when do 2011 passes go on sale??? ???    LOL.   

bthomas

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: October 09, 2010, 09:56:44 PM »
In other words....we need a hook to sell the season passes, because the prices will be going up again.  Apparently, Dollywodd and their other attractions don't need this hook since they announce far in advance of next year pass selling.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #524 on: October 10, 2010, 08:16:16 AM »
^Not necessarily.  It's pretty much always been this way
SWOOSH