Author Topic: New In 2010!  (Read 5925 times)

sdcforever

New In 2010!
« on: October 01, 2009, 10:01:36 AM »
WA has some news for 2010.  They plan to hold 20 concerts at the park in 2010, with the list including REO Speedwagon, Styx, Third Day, Steven Curtis Chapman and more.  The park will also add three new thrill rides, details forthcoming.  They will host a Kidzpalooza event over the summer and Independence Day Weekend will also be huge.  In addition to a large fireworks show, the park will also bring in Kaptain Robbie Knievel who will attempt to jump the lake.

I think "three new thrill rides" means "new to WA"; I'm pretty sure all of them will be transplanted from CC.  Kidzpalooza also sounds like the WA version of KidsFest.  Other thoughts?

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
Re: New In 2010!
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2009, 10:54:07 AM »
Well, they've got an S&S double shot, tilt-a-whirl, frisbee and a wisdom tornado already. There's still the orbiter, flyers, and scrambler. They also might have bought something from Cypress gardens - they had a chance double inverter and a disk-o.

sdcforever

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2009, 08:15:01 AM »
WA has confirmed today that all 3 new rides will be coming from CC:  a scrambler, flying scooters, and a family roller coaster.  I don't think they'll get OzCat (though they already have the trains...), so maybe Thunderbolt or Jack Rabbit?  Thoughts?

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2009, 09:57:13 AM »
The Jack Rabbit was such an insane little ride. I loved it, but I doubt WA would want to mess with it. I still can't believe HFEC bought it in the first place and have always wanted to ask them what their decision making process for it was.

Thunderbolt is no big whoopie, although it does have that awesome dive hidden in the middle of the course. It's not much for WA, but they've always had such a hodge-podge of coasters anyway.

I'm praying that they're saving the Wildcat and moving it down there.

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2009, 11:45:49 PM »
Sounds like the Jack Rabbit will be WA's new coaster. What on odd choice. I mean, I loved the thing because it was such a weird and quirky ride, but it has never seemed worth keeping to me. It's an OK filler ride though. This plus the flyers is a pretty good addition for WA.

I just wonder where Thunderbolt is headed...