Author Topic: Branson Ghost and Haunt Tour  (Read 6476 times)

CALoyal3

• View Profile
Branson Ghost and Haunt Tour
« on: September 10, 2009, 09:18:01 AM »
Me and my family were recently down in Branson and we all decided to go on the Branson Ghost and Haunt Tour. Our tour guide Norma was a good guide. It's a 90-minute walking tour of the haunted places in Branson. I was a little dissapointed that we didn't catch anything major in our pictures but I was excited that we did catch orbs in almost all of our pictures. It was definately worth it! It was a fun time and a good way to learn about Branson and it's history...as well as the stories of ghosts. There was one that was of particular interest to me. If you would like to know the story, please feel free to post back on here and I will be glad to share it with you.

I was just wanting to see if anyone on here had been? I would love to hear your stories if anything happened to you while on your tour. I hope at least someone replies to this.

sdcforever

Re: Branson Ghost and Haunt Tour
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2009, 11:44:31 AM »
Welcome, CALoyal3!  I've never even heard of the Branson Ghost and Haunt Tour.  Sounds interesting!  I've been on similar tours in Eureka Springs, AR and New Orleans.  We stayed a night in the Crescent Hotel in Eureka Springs, and it was a freaky night.  Heard lots of strange noises and voices.

I love learning about history and local legends!  What's the interesting story you heard?  I'd love to hear it! :)

themeparkguy

• Jr. Citizen
  • My mind is always at a theme park
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2009, 07:19:51 PM »
For 30.00 I can tell you some ghost stories also ::)

CALoyal3

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2009, 09:09:23 AM »
Well our tour guide told us that she used to take the people on her tour up into the cemetery to see the graves of the Confederate soldiers that were buried there. One on tour, I believe she said on Halloween, she was giving a tour and a young teenage girl was leaning up against the fence and at as they were leaving the cemetery, she asked her parents to look at her back because she thought something had bit her. When she lifted up her shirt, there were 2 sets of scratch marks going down her back. They showed the tour guide and from that point on, Norma (our tour guide) never took anyone into the cemetery again.

Did you have anything happen on the tours that you went on??? I'm very interested in the paranormal and supernatural. I would love to hear your personal experiences.

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2009, 09:58:13 AM »
StlPhotogal went on the tour this summer and got a few pics one of the same cemetary^ that was just crazy. There was a cross up in the trees that appeared in her photo that was NOT in the tree. Maybe she will share it???

stlphotogal

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2009, 01:21:18 PM »
Just seeing this thread now - so sorry for being late to the party!! I did go on the ghost tour with my mom and daughter (age 11) and I did capture something very odd in one of the trees in the cemetery. You can see in the photo below that my on camera flash does not extend far beyond the edge of the fence in front of me and the white spot in the tree is far to bright to be anything 'normal'. FWIW, my daughter said she saw a man sitting on top of the roof where the butcher shop used to be...she said he was wearing overalls and a hat but his face wasn't easily distinguishable - one minute he was there and then he was gone. Could be an overactive imagination but she seemed sincere. At any rate, here is the photo for your viewing pleasure and, personally, I think the tour was well worth it.  :)

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2009, 02:02:02 PM »
It does appear to be cross shaped when brought up to full size...
« Last Edit: October 09, 2009, 02:03:35 PM by rubedugans »

sdcforever

« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2009, 03:06:17 PM »
Cool!  Thanks for sharing!  Anyone else have any ghost stories?  This is certainly the month for them. :)

stlphotogal

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2009, 03:24:19 PM »
Rube and I actually have a shared ghost story - happened somewhere in Highlandville of EE - remember, Rube?