Author Topic: Splash Country's Slick Rock Racer  (Read 4062 times)

sdcforever

Splash Country's Slick Rock Racer
« on: August 20, 2009, 07:51:08 AM »
DW's Splash Country has confirmed the addition of Slick Rock Racer for 2010.  It will be a four-lane side-by-side mat racer slide with 300 foot long runs to the finish line.  Sounds like a fun ride. :)

U Smell Smoke

• Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Splash Country's Slick Rock Racer
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2009, 09:35:46 PM »
That's disappointing to hear. I was hoping for something a little more creative or exciting. A racer slide is ok I guess but pretty standard and basic.  They could have at least made it 8 or 10 lanes to increase capacity. It will be interesting to see if Whitewater gets anything new for 2010.  They sure need it.

themeparkguy

• Jr. Citizen
  • My mind is always at a theme park
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2009, 11:04:51 PM »
What about moving roaring rapids to WW.

sdcforever

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2009, 10:49:14 AM »
^Do you mean Roaring Falls?  If so, that's a good idea.  I've heard it's a great ride and, of course, a huge multi-million dollar investment.  All of the accounts I've heard of the ride say you get absolutely soaked so it could certainly be a ride in a water park.  I think a lot of CC's rides will be moved to other parks.  Perhaps WW will get Roaring Falls.  I just think it's a good sign that a HFE water park is getting a new ride; that means there must be hope for WW to get one! :)

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2009, 12:51:12 PM »
Noah's Ark in Wis Dells has a Shoot-the-Chutes at their park and one could argue that even Oceans of Fun has one with Monsoon - so it is not too much a stretch if they wanted to move it over there.
SWOOSH

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2009, 02:40:56 PM »
And the trend of buying the same rides for each park continues. Interesting that they sprung for only 4 lanes though, but I guess they have space constraints to work with, in this case at least. DSC is undoubtedly the flagship waterpark though, so it's still a little odd to see them getting a smaller version than everyone else.

Anything new is great though. 4 Lanes will be enough to keep things moving, and for families to ride together.