Author Topic: Camelot?  (Read 2655 times)

saladdays

• Citizen
    • View Profile
Camelot?
« on: August 13, 2009, 11:17:19 AM »
I think there was a park somewhere in northern Arkansas called Camelot, which was (obviously) a medieval theme. I remember going to this place once. Anyone else remember it?

sdcforever

Re: Camelot?
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2009, 01:37:42 PM »
^Sure!  I think it was only open two weekends before it closed, and the property remains for sale to this day.  The structures are still there, though they are collapsing.  Here's some more info on it and a picture gallery:  http://undergroundozarks.com/camelot.html

Also, Old Guy and his wife were unfortunately taken in by the Camelot developers:
WOH! Wierd to see Camalot again. My wife and I were some of those poor unfortunates that got taken. We went there to work after leaving SDC. One day we were all (Cast)told to grab our things and never to return as it was in the hands of the coarts. My wife painted that window on the front entrance tower (and never got paid for it). Wierd to see it still there while the rest of the tower has no paint left.

saladdays

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2009, 05:39:09 PM »
Thanks for pointing that site out!

sdcforever

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2009, 07:20:50 PM »
^No problem.  It's a great site, isn't it? :)

tinmann620

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2009, 08:27:23 PM »
To the best of my knowledge, that is now the location of jim bakker's Morningside community... :(
RIP Chippewa Lake Park