Author Topic: What Would You Do?  (Read 16830 times)

themeparkguy

• Jr. Citizen
  • My mind is always at a theme park
    • View Profile
Re: What Would You Do?
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2009, 03:51:49 PM »
BAn the ball ;)

U Smell Smoke

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2009, 08:52:17 PM »
I'm sure a lot of folks will disagree with me but, (assuming they fill in the big hole with the new Splash Battle ride) I would like to see them complete the loop between Wildfire and Powderkeg. Linking the two areas would open some space for some new things and also ease the traffic congestion that happens often near the Saloon, FITH and Opera House.  The crown jewel of the area would be a new wooden roller coaster between the two existing ones. The new woodie would make great use of the terrain out in that area and would be themed (as would the entire new loop area) to the highest SDC standards and traditions. If a wooden coaster is not in the cards, a Mystery Mine type coaster would work although I still think a wood coaster themed well would work best between the two steel ones.  To cap off the redo of the area I would refurbish American Plunge and restore it to its former glory, maybe even lengthening the ride if possible and figure out a way to make better use of the waterfall.  I know there are lots of components but I'm still calling it one project.

themeparkguy

• Jr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2009, 09:21:28 PM »
Would like too see some balance over by thunderation. Me thinks echo hollow is basically a dead spot occupying valuable real estate.

Joy

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2009, 09:52:33 PM »
Yeah, does Echo Hollow ever get full enough to justify its size? Is it at all possible to move the evening show to a different stage/venue in the park?

I could totally see a wooden coaster taking up that area...

I like your idea, too, though, USS.

Joy

U Smell Smoke

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 07, 2009, 10:28:12 PM »
Echo Hollow does get filled up during the Southern Gospel Picnic. But that's only for evening shows and the festival only lasts a couple of weeks.  If they want to keep Echo Hollow, they need to figure out a way to utilize it more during daytime hours rather than just using it for the evening show when the park closes. I agree, that is some prime real estate.

Firstvisit1967

• McCoy
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2009, 03:02:25 AM »
A wooden indoor mine ride is what needs to be built.  How great a theme could they make out of it.  Mine cars break lose in an indoor mine shaft.  Tracks appear to be broken........rock slides, water falls, miners blasting, all coming to the end of the line.....

cjfootball_89

• Hatfield
  • Proud SDC fan for almost two decades!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2009, 01:41:52 AM »
I'm sure a lot of folks will disagree with me but, (assuming they fill in the big hole with the new Splash Battle ride) I would like to see them complete the loop between Wildfire and Powderkeg. Linking the two areas would open some space for some new things and also ease the traffic congestion that happens often near the Saloon, FITH and Opera House.  The crown jewel of the area would be a new wooden roller coaster between the two existing ones. The new woodie would make great use of the terrain out in that area and would be themed (as would the entire new loop area) to the highest SDC standards and traditions. If a wooden coaster is not in the cards, a Mystery Mine type coaster would work although I still think a wood coaster themed well would work best between the two steel ones.  To cap off the redo of the area I would refurbish American Plunge and restore it to its former glory, maybe even lengthening the ride if possible and figure out a way to make better use of the waterfall.  I know there are lots of components but I'm still calling it one project.

Dude that would be a really good idea USS the park needs another thrill ride... Sdc doesn't really have a wooden roller coaster like most parks so thats what they should build............ i like USS's idea a lot!!!!!!
« Last Edit: August 09, 2009, 04:06:31 AM by tinaalsgirl »

cjfootball_89

• Hatfield
  • Proud SDC fan for almost two decades!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 09, 2009, 01:46:17 AM »
Ok i don't know how to put my own words out of the quote box so the last part that started with dude was my own words...... still not good with this postin' stuff.. lol

Joy

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 09, 2009, 04:07:12 AM »
It's alright. You just missed a bracket on the quote code. I fixed it for ya.

Joy

saloongal

• Jr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 10, 2009, 09:25:20 AM »
I have just one word to describe what is missing...ambiance.

It is missing from the front gate all the way down to ride theming. 
Where is the feeling? 
"Children, like fruit, are often sweetest just before they turn bad"

Firstvisit1967

• McCoy
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 10, 2009, 10:36:40 AM »
You are right about that.  On some days it feels like you are bothering people who work there.  Some days they are GREAT!!!!!  Some days.......................welcome to Six Flags.

sdcforever

« Reply #26 on: August 10, 2009, 10:41:28 AM »
^I disagree.  I have had bad days in the park, and they are miles better than the best day I've ever had at Six Flags.  Six Flags is unimaginably terrible, in my opinion.  SDC would have to try really, really hard to sink as low as a SF park.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2009, 10:42:21 AM by SDC Rules! »

saloongal

• Jr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 10, 2009, 12:33:31 PM »
Maybe the word I should have chosen was...Magic.
The magic is missing.  I wonder how many people walk through the gate without understanding that it is the 1880s.  Or other things like that each ride REALLY DOES have a story. 
"Children, like fruit, are often sweetest just before they turn bad"

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #28 on: August 10, 2009, 08:59:39 PM »
It's easy to forget it's the 1880s when 1980s music is pumping through the rock-speakers!

Did they bring in the soundtrack from Wild Adventures or what?  It's kind of a bizzaro idea.
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

themeparkguy

• Jr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 10, 2009, 09:44:51 PM »
I feel ambiance is the one think the park always has by the nature of its design and layout.