Author Topic: The Train Holdup Skit  (Read 29192 times)

Firstvisit1967

• McCoy
    • View Profile
Re: The Train Holdup Skit
« Reply #30 on: August 07, 2009, 10:48:12 AM »
I hate to be blunt.  That is their job.  To help make special moments for familys to share.
Again and again.  My wife and I were just talking about this.  The skit my four year old grandson saw was not the skit I saw as a four year old.  This is one of the great things about this park.  If the people who are doing the skit don't want to do it right........I hear they are hiring at CC.  What is a shame is that so many people work hard to keep this park great.......

U Smell Smoke

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 07, 2009, 09:23:06 PM »
I agree, they should give their very best effort every time the train stops at that shack. The day they don't want to do it is the day they need to find a different job in the park. I hate to think how many people are taking their first ride on the train only to witness a less than stellar effort by the parties involved. That's too bad.

Joy

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 07, 2009, 09:50:45 PM »
Worlds of Fun is full of people (kids, really) who get a job there so they can make some extra cash.

SDC, on the other hand, is one of those places that I would imagine you applied for because you actually WANT to work there, beyond just for a paycheck. If you're not satisfied, transfer to the sanitation department or somewhere where your dissatisfaction isn't affecting how customers enjoy their day.

Joy
« Last Edit: August 07, 2009, 09:53:03 PM by tinaalsgirl »

Hatfield McCoy

• McCoy
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 07, 2009, 11:56:50 PM »
I hadn't rode the train in several years, so the family and I rode today.  I was looking forward to my kids seeing the robbery for the first time.  The conductor and one of the robbers did a good job, but the other robber looked like a local tired of the bothersome tourist.  He didn't "act" at all, he just said his lines in a very dis-interested way.  In the end when he was supposed to bend over to be shot he lazily bent over and barely reacted when shot.  I found myself telling my wife about the good ole' days when they would jump and holler and run back to the cabin very comedically, then I remembered this thread.  I'll bet this has become one of the forgotten parts of the park that is never inspected by some of the higher-ups.  
« Last Edit: August 08, 2009, 01:37:31 AM by Hatfield McCoy »

themeparkguy

• Jr. Citizen
  • My mind is always at a theme park
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 08, 2009, 12:19:31 AM »
REVAMP or RECAST PRONTO!

Firstvisit1967

• McCoy
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 08, 2009, 02:56:05 AM »
How many of you have can't wait to retire, move to Branson and get a job at the city?
I know that since I was four or five years old I have wanted to be the conductor on the Frisco line.(both my grandfather and great grandfather were enginers on the MO PAC).
I have always wanted to tell the dumb jokes, putting your foot down, the other way ladies, that's because your in the woods, rattle snake, don't get off the train till I tell you too.  What great old lines, yet they still bring a smile to my face.  Why can't these guys get it right?

sdcforever

« Reply #36 on: August 08, 2009, 09:50:14 AM »
I said this in the "how was your trip?" thread, and I think it applies here too.  So here you go!

I don't think this has been brought up, but (sorry Swoosh, you'll hate this :)) I wonder if some of the less than hospitable citizens (and actors in this skit) might be due to the job market?  People lose their jobs and will literally take anything (I mean ANYTHING) to make ends meet.  Sure, you can try to weed them out in the hiring process, but if they really know the interview process they can sweet talk themselves into getting the position.  (I'm sure we've all done this to some extent).

Maybe if the job market is better next season there won't be so many inhospitable citizens (and less-than-enthusiastic actors).

Joy

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 08, 2009, 11:26:18 AM »
I want the Nate Versus Lever joke back on the train. I remember that joke from the first time I ever went on the train, and I can't recall ever hearing it since.

Joy

KBCraig

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 08, 2009, 02:10:08 PM »
Well, there is new talent on the train as of this week. I bet he's having fun with it.  8)

marolinesdad

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 08, 2009, 02:10:54 PM »
Would that be Steam Freak
“May there always be a Silver Dollar City.” – Paul Harvey

U Smell Smoke

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 08, 2009, 08:52:15 PM »
I would love to get a report from Steam Freak on how the new job is going.

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #41 on: August 08, 2009, 08:57:17 PM »
Ah, you guys beat me to it!  I was just going to ask SF if he had been able to convey our thoughts.  You just KNOW he's putting everything into it.
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

Hatfield McCoy

• McCoy
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 09, 2009, 01:12:30 AM »
Ah, you guys beat me to it!  I was just going to ask SF if he had been able to convey our thoughts.  You just KNOW he's putting everything into it.

I'll bet he was there when we went, because their was definitely and inequality in the performances.  The conductor was good, and one of the performers was "in" to it, and one was a vet that looked as if he had to do this corny performance one more time he might just load the gun for real next time. ;D

KBCraig

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 09, 2009, 02:57:53 AM »
Well, my sources say that there were over 20,000 guests today (Saturday), and SF performed the train skit 17 times. He's worn out, but loved it.

Firstvisit1967

• McCoy
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 09, 2009, 05:45:54 AM »
Sounds like a great way to get worn out.