Author Topic: CC - Chaos Replacement?  (Read 6954 times)

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
CC - Chaos Replacement?
« on: August 26, 2007, 07:35:00 PM »
Anyone remember early last year when CC's website proclaimed that 2 new rides were coming in 2007? Well one of them, apparently the one that was to fill the void of the Chaos, was dropped due to time issues and the park trying to squeeze in an extra show. What this ride was, we may never know exactly, but there's a strong chance that it may come back for 2008.

So what could fill the void of the Chaos? Well, if 'filling the void' applies to crowd draw, then we're looking at another thrill ride. I'm thinking something along the lines of a Zamperla Hawk or even a Powersurge, though I hope against a Powersurge as they really are more of a carnival ride.

Really, I'm hoping CC really steps it up this year and gets a huge new Huss ride, like a Top Spin or a Topple Tower. If SDC ends up going the route of adding new shops and general improvements for 2008, this would be the year for CC to break out and get some really special attention, especially with the fact that they really haven't had a notable addition since Chaos.

sdcfan17

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
Re: CC - Chaos Replacement?
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2007, 03:44:02 PM »
Hi I just joined this website and thought it was AWSOME, me and my family go dow to SDC like every other weekened, we love it there!! Anyway back on topic I could see them getting something like the thunder hawk at worlds of fun or something like that. I really hope to see another coaster!!! Does anybody know anything about them getting a new coaster cause they could really need another one.
Silver Dollar City Rocks!!!!

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2007, 03:56:12 PM »
^ So, so lucky...

Yeah, a Huss Top Spin of the likes of ThunderHawk would really hit the spot. Or really, even a Zamperla or Moser knock-off. I think there are a few used ones out there for sale as a matter of fact.
As for CC getting a new coaster, I speculated in 'How long will Jack Rabbit Last' thread that the Jack Rabbit may be removed for a G-fighter (Think Mystery Mine, with much less scenery).

sdcfan17

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2007, 08:48:53 PM »
Yeah i guess you could call me lucky but anyway I just can't picture a euro fighter coaster there cause it would cost way to much money and be way to compact and without the scenery it wold be dumb but it might be fun i guess

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
  • Resident Twenty-Something Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2007, 08:50:11 PM »
Welcome to the SDCFans forums SDCfan! Haha!
"May there always be a Silver Dollar City..."

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2007, 09:45:41 PM »
Yeah i guess you could call me lucky but anyway I just can't picture a euro fighter coaster there cause it would cost way to much money and be way to compact and without the scenery it wold be dumb but it might be fun i guess

Eh, a basic model G-fighter like Rage (http://rcdb.com/ig3573.htm?picture=13) with a Herschend touch would be pretty nice, and it wouldn't cost more than about $4 million or less. Hell, they could build a custom ride for $5-7 million. Compact is what CC wants until they arrange the park so that they can use the land on the other side of the parking lot, and seeing as they'll have to move the fireworks show, do massive infrastructure work all around, and get new zoning permits for that to happen, it'll be awhile.

sdcfan17

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2007, 09:51:03 AM »
you know what i think they might do, this might be a longshot but..... I think they will replace jackrabbit with a compact spinning coaster. that would make sense, and that would be a lot bettter than the jackrabbit what do you think about this???

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2007, 03:54:30 PM »
^That's also a very highly likely possibility. I mean, Gerstauler makes great spinning coasters, and again they should be in great relations with them after MM. Zamperla also makes spinning coasters, albeit with less quality, and the Herschends are also on good terms with them.

A spinning coaster would be a great step in the family-friendly direction CC wants to go in as well, so it really would be a winner all around. I just wish the park would get a thrill ride one of these days. I mean, OzCat, Accelerator, and the Fireball are more or less the only true thrill rides in the park, although Jack Rabbit is borderline.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2007, 07:40:00 PM »
Jack Rabbit is not going anywhere anytime soon.
2008 will bring a nice addition to the park, however it does not sound like it will be going where Chaos was
SWOOSH

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2007, 07:57:04 PM »
GOOD - A nice addition is exactly what the park needs, it feels like it has so much growing to do before it can stand as the park it was intended to be.